First impressions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Can you change a first impression?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I sure hope so

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I'm sorry to say that I am generally on giant walking bad first impression simply cause I don't fit into whatever nebulous mold women seem to have these days. I always say the wrong thing, and I'm apparently too nice. I could probably go on given enough time, but.... The thing I've found is that women usually don't want to take the time to get to know me. They see that first half second and decide that the nervous crazy guy is who I am.

M

Matthew

Can we ever go back and make a good first impression? Or erase a bad first impression?
A bad first impression can be erased though It always depends on the other person, if I am that person then the answer is a strong yes, I don't put any importance on a first impression, it doesn't matter what the personality type is you will never see a person for who they truly are off a first encounter, whether short or long.

But if you make a bad first impression, which I usually do you just have to hope that the person is prepared to put it aside and have another go, and sadly some people aren't.

L

Liz01

~~~I will give you no points for doing these devilish things. Cheaters never prosper. :D
what!!!!?? hahaha i dont see that in the rules of the game........lol

N

Nalu

You only have one chance to make a first impression.

Over time, you may be able to change the views of others, if you made a less then stellar first impression, but you will have to prove yourself.

A first impression is very valuable because it set's the stage to how you are looked upon by others.

Also, it takes many years in some case's to establish a good reputation, and only a few minutes to unravel all the good you have done.

General George Patton said it best, you are always on parade.

General Patton in spite of all his wonderful accomplishments, had a huge anger problem, which ultimately damaged his reputation.

Once a good first impression is made, and a good reputation established, it must me maintained.

B

Boanerges

You can't change te first impression, that's why it is called first impression. But you an make that the person change his/her mind.

Aug 2, 2009
My first impression was president Richard Nixon saying "I am not a crook!" and I was pretty good at it too.

J

Jullianna

I do a great buzzard :)