Flat Earth Controversy - A Challenge to Spherical's Cosmology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
If no one is telling you these things, then maybe it's because they don't want you to know for some reason.
That's called a conspiracy.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If no one is telling you these things, then maybe it's because they don't want you to know for some reason.
That's called a conspiracy.
not everything that is rarely talked about is true.

there are also things "no one tells you" because they are obvious bunk.

that's called a "quack theory" or a "flat lie" or "foolishness" :p

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
maybe it's because they don't want you to know for some reason.

the question has been put forth a number of times by a number of people -- but no attempt at an answer has been given by our resident deluded . . .

WHY would conspirators want to convince people that the earth is round?
WHY would the "real" topology of the earth be the subject of an enormous conspiracy, a cover-up involving tens of millions of people over hundreds of years in almost every country on the planet and hundreds of industries and costing trillions of dollars?

what could possibly be gained by this unfathomable amount of time, energy and resources being spent on hiding the shape of the planet from joe public?

a lot more likely, i think, that a handful of people are blinded and deceived and serve this ridiculous idea as a god.
perhaps it is the judgement of God to shame them for their pride of intellect, by reducing them to serving such an inane idol?
it is like homosexuals, whose vileness is obvious to everyone but themselves -- a judgement from God, receiving their due rewards in their own flesh. could God also give people over to foolishness, too, in the same way?

W

William86

AllenW, how do you account for gravitational acceleration in a flat earth?

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
I cannot answer all your questions.
But since the United Nations uses a flat Earth as it's symbol, I suggest you ask them.

B

BeyondET

I cannot answer all your questions.
But since the United Nations uses a flat Earth as it's symbol, I suggest you ask them.
Only in a 2D symbol picture and those United Nations contributed to help us not to have to wear the M35 helmet.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
Only in a 2D symbol picture and those United Nations contributed to help us not to have to wear the M35 helmet.
I don't know what kind of an answer that is but I suppose you mean something by it so for that I'm gonna give you a "like".

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Bible?
No, the Bible doesn't say that.
From mankind?
Yes, I doubt you can claim it was your own idea.
don't lie.
you didn't get the idea that the earth was flat from the Bible either.
you didn't even get the idea from observation.
someone told you, and it appealed to your vanity, so you let yourself be deceived.
it was more important to you than what can be plainly seen, so you shut your eyes.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
don't lie.
you didn't get the idea that the earth was flat from the Bible either.
you didn't even get the idea from observation.
someone told you, and it appealed to your vanity, so you let yourself be deceived.
it was more important to you than what can be plainly seen, so you shut your eyes.
Now you are making accusations looking to cause trouble.
I don't play those games.
Good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.