Food Oddities

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen7

We've had a lot of serious lately, so...silly time. :) Do you have food oddities??

Mine:

I don't like black olives, water chestnuts or mushrooms because they taste like dirt.

If I have a burger/sandwich, I want the pickles/sauces/whatever UNDER the burger and nothing but cheese on top because it makes the cheese soggy otherwise. I'll be quiet about it and eat it anyway if they do it wrong, but I like it better MY way. :)

I eat one thing at a time, but I'm not as wierd about things not touching as I once was :)

I'm just going to say it. I don't like Reese's. I like peanut butter. I like chocolate. Don't mix them together. It's nasty.

I enjoy your posts :)

-I like the IDEA of onions and black olives, it gives certain meals a good flavor, but I will not eat them in the dish. Cooked onions are slimy and feel like eating worms.
-I love French Onion Soup, but only cus there is mozzarella cheese in it. I spend the most of the meal navigating through the onions to get to the cheese.:cool:
-I LOVE SHREDDED MOZZARELLA CHEESE: Once snuck a bag of the kraft kind into a movie theatre to eat during the movie. I never heard the end of it from my friends.
-HATE Cabbage Rolls, the smell alone is horrid- smells like wet dog.. wearing dirty sweaty wool socks :eek:
-In Canada, there is a meal called Tourtière (its a meat pie). As a kid, I used to say it was French for 'torture'. HATE IT.

J

Jullianna

I totally agree about slimey onions! ack! I love the flavor onion brings to things, but I will take the onions off before I eat whatever it is. :) I like to pull the onion out of onion rings and eat the crunchy coating only! :)

CHEESE is awesome!! except for the runny types...blah :p

I don't even like the SMELL of cooked cabbage or turnips :p

Deva_1972

Nov 3, 2011
I had to laugh when I read this because I do the same thing often, just not all the time. There is some logic to it at times though. When I'm eating fast food, I gotta eat the fries first because as they cool off they get nasty.

I really don't like any type of nut in ice cream or used as a decoration. They're one of those things that need to be eaten alone. I don't mind so much if they're cooked in a dish like in chinese food. I despise brussel sprouts, I think they are part of the curse on man for sin in the garden.

**cancels the order of Reese's for Jullianna
I love brussel sprouts!!! LOL

J

Jullianna

Next time my nephew comes to visit, I'm trying this :) You use jello, but cut way back on the water.

Attachments

A

arwen7

Next time my nephew comes to visit, I'm trying this :) You use jello, but cut way back on the water.
Cool!...And gross, but I am sure you're nephew would like it. Boys are like that.:rolleyes:
And I like your new pic, pretty lady!

D

DIYhappiness

I hate the mix of butter and mayo together, for example, in a sandwich. that's like the worst thing ever. I love ham, I love cheese but I hate ham&cheese stuff. I don't like reheated noodles. You know when you make delicious creamy noodles and have to reheat them,it becomes awful.
That's pretty much it,I like every kind of food

J

Jullianna

Cool!...And gross, but I am sure you're nephew would like it. Boys are like that.:rolleyes:
And I like your new pic, pretty lady!
Thank you, pretty lady :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I'll eat it if I must but, I'm not the biggest Pork fan. I don't really like onions, someone mentioned that they have the consistency of tapeworms, I agree.

Lets see... I like to pretend that I'm bear Grylls or Survivorman when I eat. I'll be like, "There is at least 100 calories in this bite alone and that should get me through to when I find food again."

J

Jesusfreakforever51

Haha. This is an AMAZING POST by the way :)

I hate coffee, but love the smell.
I love Reeses, but hate peanut butter with a Hershey's bar.
I love gummy bears, and hate Mikey Ikes lol
I HATE BRESSEL SPROUTS and MUSHROOMS
I love spagetti sauce, and i love beef BUT DONT PUT THEM TOGETHER!
I hate when my food touches
I love fast food! And i always eat the fries first.

Hmmmm...and i eat the food i like the best last too! :) Thats it i think :)