For discussion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Ok, picture this. The Apostles go out, see others casting out demons in Jesus name, stop them, but later Jesus says no, if they're doing it in My Name then let them be. But later Jesus says there will be those who come to Him saying Lord Lord didn't we cast out demons in your Name, and He'll say be gone with you I know not who you are.

Comments?

M

mule

That goes to scriptures than say the field is not ours it is God's and He will send the angels to reap it. His field let the wheat and the tares grow together. Our judgment is what we should focus on not the judgment of others. It doesn't mean you aren't aware of what others are doing or that you know it is not going to go well for them when the stand in the presences of God. It just means God has got it covered.

A

Abiding

veridy intresting

C

carey

I believe the second scripture you gave means exactly what it says, we did not know Him
Honestly can we say we know Him?
Have we spent time in prayer and reading His word
Do our desires become His
Have we conformed our mind to His
If we have then i believe we know Him, and will not be cast aside
But there are those that cast out devils and heal by using other means that do not know or even attempt to know our loving and merciful God

1still_waters

Ok, picture this. The Apostles go out, see others casting out demons in Jesus name, stop them, but later Jesus says no, if they're doing it in My Name then let them be. But later Jesus says there will be those who come to Him saying Lord Lord didn't we cast out demons in your Name, and He'll say be gone with you I know not who you are.

Comments?
We know from scripture you can't cast out demons without some legit spiritual authority behind you.

Acts 19
13 But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” 14 Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” 16 And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

So I'm guessing this verse....

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

.. mentions people who are HIGHLY deluded and deceived in the first place.

Their claims of prophesying, casting out demons and doing miracles, doesn't mean they actually did them.

These are claims being made from people Jesus describes as people who are lawless and don't know God. I imagine people in this spiritual state can delude themselves in to thinking they are speaking, healing, casting out demons in God's name - yet in reality they're not doing a thing.

Think about it, we see it now days.

There are some who see a demon in every bush, so they yell at them in "Jesus name" Now a demon probably isn't there, but since they perceived it as there, they believe they cast a devil out.

There are some who claim God is speaking to them. Well they go out proclaiming it. So to them they ARE prophesying.

There are some now days who think they're doing miracles because they speak em in to existence and have enough faith. No one gets healed from this, but in their head they healed folks.

So yes, on the final day, I can imagine such deluded people making claims to Jesus, and Jesus simply sayin..uhh yeah...I don't know you.