Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
It is easy to be kind and compassionate to the ones we care about and love. It's hard to feel that way with people who hurt us and show hatred toward us. When we are able to forgive we become the bigger person. Jesus was able to forgive no matter how much people wanted to hurt him or showed hatred toward him. Jesus did it all on the cross forgiveness.

Ephesians 4:32
32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

H

Hurricane1

It is easy to be kind and compassionate to the ones we care about and love. It's hard to feel that way with people who hurt us and show hatred toward us. When we are able to forgive we become the bigger person. Jesus was able to forgive no matter how much people wanted to hurt him or showed hatred toward him. Jesus did it all on the cross forgiveness.

Ephesians 4:32
32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Absolutely correct. It is very difficult for us, but with God, all things are possible. It is the indwelling Holy Spirit that gives us the power to completely forgive, but it takes an act of our will to allow the Holy Spirit to move us that way.

B

babyboyblue

"...Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

It's all a part of growing up into Christ.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The power of forgiveness.

Truly Amazing.

Glory to Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

P

psychomom

I find there are times it's much easier to forgive virtual strangers than it is to forgive those closest to me. (is this just me? what a weirdo that psychotic mother is!! lol ) Perhaps it's because when you love someone, i.e. make yourself vulnerable to that person, they have a much greater ability to hurt you, and putting those feelings aside can be difficult.

But thanks be to God! He reminds me of how much I have been forgiven. (and I don't come close to knowing the sum total of it!)
He puts His own love in my heart.
He enabled me just recently to make peace with a member of this site, before he/she was banned. How great was that?? That He allowed me to give and receive love and forgiveness before it was too late!

How often I underestimate Him. Which in itself leads me to praise Him, as I see how good He truly is. ♥
Now I'm in such a good mood I have to go worship for a while. :)

Thanks for this thread!! :) And for all your responses.
~ellie

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Something simple.

Today after reading this thread, I dropped my son off at school and headed for the store.

It was quite busy and i patiently waited for a self service to become vacant, only for a couple to come from nowhere and jump the line and take the vacant one which by order of the line i should of had....

I watched them and thought they may notice their mistake, which they did not, but as quickly as I'd considered that, forgiveness overcame me.... Forgive them I thought.

So i waited for the next, only for the lady behind me to try and step before me , as i moved she said "sorry" I said "it is okay, you take it" and waited for the next....

Now by my own admission in the past, I have politely corrected the person who jumped the line....

In the past I've thanked the person for realizing their error of going to push past, and took my spot!.........

Today, I realized even the simple acts of forgiveness mean much, if i'd of been angry with the first couple, would I have let the second lady go in front?

Honestly, no i would of been trying to right the wrong...... and jumped at it head first!! smiles.

Forgiveness goes a long, long way even in the smallest incidents my friends.

Humbled by this thread and how after posting, a lesson was waiting for me.

Peace and Blessings in the name of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

Last edited: