Former RNC chair: was no one in the room with Trump?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Concerning Ecclesiastes, I believe God speaks to us through stories and parables like Christ did. I think He means for us to understand the intent of the story as a whole and not in part, and when King Solomon, son of David and definitely a man wrote Ecclesiastes it was a lesson in attaining wisdom through sorrow and surrender. I always have some issue with taking single verses and reaching "biblical" conclusions.

I'm glad you consider abortion reprehensible and though taking that view into a political realm does not always equal voting Republican, it usually will. Case in point, I voted Democrat for a US congressman who was vehemently opposed to abortion, though his affiliation as democrat was largely pro choice. I guess I could argue that this congressman's affiliation was an act of being complicit with the laws of abortion, but I felt his attendance as a democrat was one more chink in the pro choice armor. Besides, he was a good right of moderate politician. He lost his second term because he was a democrat when the house went republican.
Do you agree with Ecclesiastes 6 3?

One reason why being against abortion does not equal voting Republican is that making abortion illegal may not be the best way to reduce the number of abortions.

Did you see the study that I posted earlier in the thread?

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Do you agree with Ecclesiastes 6 3?

One reason why being against abortion does not equal voting Republican is that making abortion illegal may not be the best way to reduce the number of abortions.

Did you see the study that I posted earlier in the thread?
Again, I don't agree or disagree with Solomon's thought in 6:3. It's an opinion to make a higher projected point. But I can say I'm seeing no link in an argument for abortion.

Yes I saw the Lancet study and agree that no one has made much issue about whether prohibiting abortion is the best way to reduce abortion. Some studies like lancet have concluded that the decline in abortion since 1990 has to do with better contraception and safe access to abortion but other studies have noted that restrictions on abortion in some USA States plus the practice of having to provide an ultrasound prior to the abortion has contributed to the decline.

So - I guess I look at it kind of like the immigration issue. You stop the bleeding first. You save the life first. And yes there's going to be complications and there's going to be illegal abortions and illegal immigrants, but you stop the free flow.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Again, I don't agree or disagree with Solomon's thought in 6:3. It's an opinion to make a higher projected point. But I can say I'm seeing no link in an argument for abortion.

Yes I saw the Lancet study and agree that no one has made much issue about whether prohibiting abortion is the best way to reduce abortion. Some studies like lancet have concluded that the decline in abortion since 1990 has to do with better contraception and safe access to abortion but other studies have noted that restrictions on abortion in some USA States plus the practice of having to provide an ultrasound prior to the abortion has contributed to the decline.

So - I guess I look at it kind of like the immigration issue. You stop the bleeding first. You save the life first. And yes there's going to be complications and there's going to be illegal abortions and illegal immigrants, but you stop the free flow.
I understand that it's part of a larger story, but how can you have no opinion on the proposition that in some cases a baby is better off dying before it is born?

The link between Ecclesiastes 6-3 and abortion is that the word translated stillborn or an untimely birth can also be translated as miscarriage or abortion.

I understand that today when most people say abortion what they actually mean is an induced abortion. But does that make a difference in the preacher's reasoning?

I can see the value of stopping the free flow. However, the reason that for me it does not equal
Always vote Republican
is that Republicans tend to want to do things like reduce easy access to healthcare. That could make the number of abortions, legal or illegal, increase. I don't know what the actual numbers are, I think people can only speculate. But for me, it makes the link between being against abortion and voting Republican not clear and easy.

S

Susanna

I think too that the Republican Party is getting away with being loudmouths about how much effort they put into banning abortion, gay weddings etc, but don’t realize that they, by their rambling are creating more sins than they are preventing.