Franco is still dead!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

Back in the 70's, Franco, (dictator in Spain), was old and dying. The news reported this for a while. Saturday Night Live took off on that. Every week, on the SNL version of the news, they'd keep telling us that Franco was alive. And then Franco died. And then SNL spent quite some time telling us "Franco is still dead."

In the last few months there was speculation on Joe Biden (US VP) running for President. In all fairness to the guy, I really do understand why he had to take some time to decide. His son died last spring, and I'm sure it upset everyone in the family, but they were asking if he was running even before his son got sick.

So, every night, on our local news, (he's from the tri-state area, so he's a local guy too -- although Rick Santorum is a local guy, and even that he IS running hasn't made the local or national news yet), and then the national news, the main story is if Joe will run.

This reminds me of "Franco is still alive" from SNL days of old. And every night they tell about his son, so there is no doubt why he is taking so long to decide. (Did anyone not know about why yet?)

So, today Joe Biden finally announced -- he's not running. (Franco is dead.) AND they're spending three minutes of a 17 minute news show telling us this story with the same background. (I do not count commercials as news, even if the news runs a commercial as a story.)

So, just wanted to say... Franco is still dead!

(And apparently nothing truly news worthy happened today all across America.)

T

tanach

I am relieved to hear that Franco is still dead, along with his buddys Hitler and Mussolini. As for Joe Biden well I'm not running either. That's probably all we have in common.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Back in the 70's, Franco, (dictator in Spain), was old and dying. The news reported this for a while. Saturday Night Live took off on that. Every week, on the SNL version of the news, they'd keep telling us that Franco was alive. And then Franco died. And then SNL spent quite some time telling us "Franco is still dead."

In the last few months there was speculation on Joe Biden (US VP) running for President. In all fairness to the guy, I really do understand why he had to take some time to decide. His son died last spring, and I'm sure it upset everyone in the family, but they were asking if he was running even before his son got sick.

So, every night, on our local news, (he's from the tri-state area, so he's a local guy too -- although Rick Santorum is a local guy, and even that he IS running hasn't made the local or national news yet), and then the national news, the main story is if Joe will run.

This reminds me of "Franco is still alive" from SNL days of old. And every night they tell about his son, so there is no doubt why he is taking so long to decide. (Did anyone not know about why yet?)

So, today Joe Biden finally announced -- he's not running. (Franco is dead.) AND they're spending three minutes of a 17 minute news show telling us this story with the same background. (I do not count commercials as news, even if the news runs a commercial as a story.)

So, just wanted to say... Franco is still dead!

(And apparently nothing truly news worthy happened today all across America.)
Fantastic comparison! Headlines like "Biden bows out" are so absurd.