Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2013
Im sure your familiar with these people. How does the the regular christian view their interpretation of the bible?

Aren't the basic beliefs the same? Just their view is more extreme?

You think they'll get into heaven?

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Actually, their basic belief is that God hates the world, so really it's practically 180 degrees out of sync with 'regular' Christians. As far as if they'll get into Heaven, I don't even want to surmise. Maybe they'll be put among the Jews, just to bother them. (Kidding of course.)

A

Ariel82

would have to study their beliefs to be able to comment and I already studying one cult right now. I'll put it on my to do list....if they are a hate group then their doctrines are as Jim says, 180 degrees from what Jesus taught.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Westbro Baptists church is a sect, they have nothing in common with "normal" Christians. Their activities go totally against the things Christ taught, especially love other people as you would love your self etc.

God does not approve of homosexuality, but thats same with all other sin, to God there is not much difference, we do not hate homosexual people, just as we dont hate people who commit other sin, that is where the differences between normal Christians and the Westbro cult, they hate everyone it seems.

Can you imagine Jesus standing at someones funeral shouting out the filth that Westbro cult shout? No of course not.

May 9, 2012
They are like non-violent terrorists. They are the extremists in the religion that the religion itself doesn't recognize. Like terrorists who follow Islam, the majority of people who claim to follow Islam do not claim terrorists as Islams. It's like an analogy. WBC:Christianity::Terrorists:Islam. :) The only difference is one is more violent than the other.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I saw two members on a show that was a link from FB. The show was actually a gay show, but I really did want to hear what the WBC members had to say.

They started with the fact that God loves them and they were out to warn them from their sins. Ok, I can accept that. True! From there it all went downhill. By the end of the show, they were very quietly and kindly telling everyone they were going to hell, and God hates fags (Or was that on their Tshirt??)

It was a real revelation how someone could say they were there in love, and be so hateful. The gays looked good beside them, being very kind.

They just give Christianity a bad name. May I call them a cult? I think they believe everyone but them is going to hell for not being tough enough on sin. I just hope they have no sin in their lives.

No, that is not at all Biblical! I guess they really are a cult. Well, fortunately, I am not the judge. I will leave that to Jesus on judgement day!