Freedom and Embracing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 5, 2009
Hi Saints

As I write this I asked the Lord about circumstance and situation in my own life. When your in a situation or circumstance that is terrible uncomfortable you find you want the Lord to take you out of it instantly. At least I do. We want him to deliver us, immediately if not sooner. Well I got an answer Sunday and it this. "I may not take you out of the situation or circumstance but what you can pray is that you and the ones you love would be free in midst of the trial and circumstance that I brought you into". That was the thought that came along with this:

Embracing the Cross​
You need to learn to separate yourself from unnecessary and restless thoughts which grow out of self-love. When your own thoughts are set aside you will be completely in the middle of the straight and narrow path. You will experience the freedom of peace that is meant for you as a child of God.
I try to follow the same advice that I give others. I know that I must seek peace in the same way. Often, when you suffer, it is the life of your self-nature that causes your pain. When you are dead you do not suffer. If you were completely dead to your old nature you would no longer feel many of the pains that now bother you.
Endure the aches and pains of your body with patience. Do the same thing with your spiritual affliction(that is, trouble sent to you that you cannot control) Do not add to the cross in your life by becoming so busy that you have no time to sit quietly before God. Do not resist what God brings into your life. Be willing to suffer if that is what is needed. Over activity and stubbornness will only increase your anguish.
God prepares a cross for you that you must embrace without thought of self-preservation. The cross is painful. Accept the cross and you will find peace in the middle of turmoil. Let me warn you that if you push the cross away, your circumstances will become twice as hard to bear. In the long run, the pain of resisting the cross is harder to live with than the cross itself.(Fenelon)
---------------
I will share more later... I hope as always that the writings I write are encouraging to you. As Konti wrote today we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
In closing, we can become mad at God for not allowing us to have our way or because he didn't give us what we think we deserve because we have lived our lives for him for so long. It is almost as if we are saying to the Lord, You owe me, I did what you wanted, now give me what I deserve. SELF LOVE at it finest. Freedom in the midst of the storm, freedom in the midst of our situation and problems. Freedom is only a word unless God our Father makes it real in our lives.

Love in Him
by a brother in Jesus​