Freedom! Part 1: [Win the Spiritual Battle Using God’s Armor] -‘Calling From God’

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 25, 2012
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable

Today’s devotional starts us on a series of 12 devotionals based on the Theme in comparison to William Wallace. The theme of a brave heart is something that really echoes in my own heart as something that I admire and I feel all of us as Christians should be able to relate to as well.

Our theme for Part 1 is “calling from God”. We all have a calling from God. From the viewpoint of being a brave heart, all of us have a call from God to stand against the devil. Just as in William Wallace’s day, he enlisted every Scottish citizen to participate in the fight against the evil king who had enslaved and oppressed them. From a spiritual perspective, we are all called to fight against the powers of darkness. It’s a war we’re fighting! The minute you became a born-again believer in Christ, you were unknowingly enlisted in this battle! “fight or die?!” Which do you chose??? I choose to FIGHT!

Ephesians 6:10 "...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."

Here is a description of the first battle of William Wallace (in my own words :)

Wallace bravely and fearlessly rides to approach the battle ground. He stops and stands solemnly overlooking the enemy’s army. He nods his head slightly down while still looking ahead indicating acknowledgement of the huge impending battle and odds against them. Then slowly but with determination and confidence approaches the Scottish army to address them of the task at hand. He overlooks the Scottish army with conviction. Wallace tells the army to fight. He tells them not to run. He says that it doesn’t matter what the enemy does to you because even if you die, the enemy can never take away your freedom. WHAT BRAVE WORDS!!! I just love that!

The freedom we can have in Jesus cannot be compared in anything else. It cannot be bought, nothing we do can will help us gain it, no special “club” will give us entrance to it, and nothing compares to it. It can only be obtained by being a follower in Christ day by day. It is the FREE gift of God.

Ephesians 2:19 "Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it."

There also is a parallel to this scenario in a spiritual context as well. No matter what happens to us, and no matter what the enemy of our souls may do to us, he can never take away the freedom we have in Christ!! As people who have been saved and as followers of Christ, we have been made free. Free from the law of sin and death.
There are so many times in our lives when we have fought our own battles for “freedom” and on the battleground of our Christian walk with the Lord Jesus.
Just as the words of William Wallace inspired the Scottish people to stand up and win their freedom from a tyrannical reign, so too we can also similarly (and even more so) say that no matter what the enemy of our souls does to us, that we don’t have to fear the threat of death, or other roadblocks in our journey of faith rule or decide whether or not we will succeed in our witness as a believer. We live in the midst of a dying world which needs to be freed from their own sin. It is part of who we are as believers to keep that in mind-the world is dying and in need of a Savior;
In need of FREEDOM.
John 8:36 " So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free."

God Bless you