Friendship.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chrissy77

1. Proverbs 17:17
    A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
    Proverbs 17:16-18 (in Context) Proverbs 17 (Whole Chapter)

There seems to be no time in my week to build on friendships outside of my home.
With being a single, working mom; I am home with my kids during the week and then
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I am work, work, working. I miss the chance to talk to
people that actually know me. Getting the chance to build on the friendship that we
have focused around God. Never having to worry if the talk will become inappropriate.
Anyone else feel like a lone boat floating on the sea at times?

I pray the Lord gives me peace in this or puts people in my life to be that "friend".

Feb 10, 2008
Chrissy,

I know that there are several single, working moms here on the forums. I think many of them have struggled with the same issues you are. I know especially with young kids it probably seems like they take up all of your time. God is faithful, even in our weakness and pain. I'm sure he will lead you to the best place and protect you! You are certainly not alone.

God Bless.

O

OFM

i will pray for all single moms for special friends within thier life.

J

Jullianna

Chrissy, I have made a lot of female friends through womens ministry and womens Bible study at my church on Wednesdays. Most have nurseries/classes for your children, so it would be a great time for all of you. Don't know if your church has anything like this, but maybe you could start one if not. The moms and teens take turns teaching the kids so everyone can participate.

C

Chrissy77

Chrissy, I have made a lot of female friends through womens ministry and womens Bible study at my church on Wednesdays. Most have nurseries/classes for your children, so it would be a great time for all of you. Don't know if your church has anything like this, but maybe you could start one if not. The moms and teens take turns teaching the kids so everyone can participate.

We do not have this at my church but it is a good idea. We have meetings throughout the weekend for all kinds of groups, especially homeschooling moms like myself. Unfortunately, I work 12 hour shifts all weekend so I miss out on all the events going on at my church.

C

Chrissy77

Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement.

Z

zeb113

Chrissy77 I also pray for you. God give you all time happiness.

C

Chrissy77

If I could just learn to connect with people I come in contact with online who do serve God.
Everything always sounds so simple until you actually try it.

Thank you Zeb for your prayers.

F

flight316

I feel like a lone boat floating on the sea all the time. Lol. Wait I say upon the Lord and be of good cheer.

C

Chrissy77

I feel like a lone boat floating on the sea all the time. Lol. Wait I say upon the Lord and be of good cheer.

:) ..... Thank you for the kind words.. If the lone ships got together I bet we would have a fleet.

I am willing to be a sounding board or a willing ear if there is an interest. Sometimes it is nice just to have someone to talk to. Feel free to pm me.

C

Chrissy77

I am willing to be a sounding board or a willing ear if there is an interest. Sometimes it is nice just to have someone to talk to. Feel free to pm me.

This was directed to everyone and not anyone specific.. Just to clarify..;)