FROM DADY'S HEART

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

alehandra

Father and daughter relationship is one of the most beautiful gift to human being. Our God himself is always take a position as a Father and embrace us as His daughters. A daughter is safe when her father fulfils his calling by protecting and loving her with all of his might. Sadly, we know that in reality it doesn't always happen. We have seen a relationship where father and daughter don't communicate so much because he is busy with his occupation or think that it is her mother's job to nurture the children. We have seen a father who emotionally and physically abuses his daughter. We have seen a father who abandons her daughter. If you don't have the gift of father and daughter relationship as it suppose to be, then I want to encourage you to embrace your loving Father in heaven. His love is more than enough to heal your wound, disappointment, and hunger for father's love. It is important because without our Father's love in heaven, we will eventually become limp in the area of love and also may not have a healthy self image.

Hereby, I would like to give a father's letter to his daughter. It is made by Ps. Philip Wagner, the one who has become a true father to his daughter. I know that most of us may not have this kind of earthly 'ideal' father, so I am deeply convinced that his letter will share a bit of real father's heart for you. Take this letter as what our Father in heaven would like you to know. He always wants the best for you. He always wants to protect you. Nothing sadden him most then when you make wrong decision for your partner of life. May it blesses you all

January 12, 2009

Dear Paris,

Today is your mother's and my 24th anniversary.

Those are kind of rare these days. Many times, relationships just don't make for a marriage that will last that long. Sometimes people stay married that long, but they just kind of endure it and don't really enjoy it like they once did.

My wish for you is that you enjoy a loving relationship and have a marriage that will last.

After having been married 24 years and helping hundreds of others in their relationships, I believe it has a lot to do with who you choose to give your heart to. A father wants the best in life for his daughter, and I'm no different.

You once said in a video message that when you got married, you wanted a man like me. You may not need someone like me (although I loved hearing that), but I do hope you end up choosing someone to give your heart to who will be a great match for you. As a dad, I would say to choose someone who is good enough for you, someone who is worthy of you. Ultimately, this is your choice ... no one can make it for you. Others can only hope that you guard your heart above all else.

I've given similar advice to thousands of others but I thought I'd share it with you on this special day in a more personal way. My advice to you, as your daddy, is to find someone who is:

1. A Christ-follower.

This should be the number-one thing. I'm not talking about picking someone who says he is a Christian; we've met many people like that. I'm not talking about someone who knows a lot of Scripture or has been a church member; there are plenty of people who do those things who may not make a very good spouse.

I'm talking about a young man who has a genuine love for God.

Find someone whose faith inspires you to believe more and live with a higher focus, a person who wants to honor Jesus Christ in how he lives and in the choices he makes.

This kind of faith will cause the person you choose to look for direction from a Source beyond his own thoughts and feelings. He will be compelled to be a servant at times when others focus on themselves; he will forgive when others want to hold on to little disagreements; and he will try to trust God when others just do it their own way. He will look to God's Word for guidance and will be accountable to God for his choices.

I've seen some people compromise on this number-one quality and regret later because it affects so many other areas.

2. Respectful

A person who respects you will think about your feelings and desires before taking action and making decisions. He will make decisions that demonstrate that he genuinely honors you.

Respect changes everything about how we talk to each other, how we work through differences and how we arrive at our ultimate decisions.

He will respect God's plan for your life. He will never encourage you or support you in disregarding what's best for your life.

Respect causes us to be kind in way that others are not. It affects how we speak about each other to others and how we approach life together.

3. Protective

This does not mean that he is defensive. He is protective. To me, this means he is considerate of you. In our world today, it's easy to be self-focused. When the pressure is on, we tend to take care of our own needs first. A person who is protective will think of you before himself.

He will protect you physically from harm and from his own desires that would put you at risk. To young people this includes pregnancy and disease, but it also means meeting your physical needs in everyday life.

He will protect you emotionally by stepping up in times when you may need that extra sensitivity.

He will protect you spiritually by keeping a watchful eye over temptations and distractions.
Love inspires someone to care for others enough to protect them.

4. A Man with Vision

A person with vision has ambition with purpose. A person with vision has direction.

Some people may have goals, but vision takes you somewhere.

Most young boys have big dreams. Some young men have interesting ideas about ways to make money. But ultimately you will probably want a man that is focused on "making a life," not just "making a living," someone who wants to make a difference in the world,

Vision brings confidence, confidence brings strength and strength brings greater vision. (Confidence is a quality that brings so much to a relationship, because it allows us to deal with situations that come up by focusing on those situations alone -not on our own hidden needs that subtly affect every conversation.)

Well, these are a few important qualities ... Maybe you can stuck this note away somewhere and let it speak to your heart in the months and years ahead.

My wish for you is to enjoy love in its greatest form.

Love,
Dad
When it comes to men, please do aim high.

Characters matter more than you can imagine.

Be Blessing
-cilla-

G

Blessed words I hope I know they will bring healing and understanding...:)

May 3, 2013
" ...We have seen a relationship where father and daughter don't communicate so much because he is busy with his occupation ..."

None of us is good enough to be a good father, a model mother or loving children. I loved my father and he was busy when I wanted him to share and I don`t mind saying I don´t like my mom (and both have our reasons to be how we are).

When coming to Christ there´s a chance to be restored. You cannot change others, but you (only you) and I´m glad I´m becoming a father to a girl who adopted me to be her dad: The daughter of my ex-wife.

Those points you mentioned are good enough to keep in mind. Just let God lead you to the one He has chosen for you.

Last edited:
A

alehandra

Thank you so much Jkalyna and secularhermit..
im still young, I still have to learn too a whole lot more to be a goodly woman or future mom and Godly future wife, only Christ become the source of everything...

Be blessing
-cilla-

G

May the Father Bless you. I pray in Jesus name. Amen :) keep smiling it will come back to you. TY Abba for your daugthers.