From darkness to Light!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RockerforChrist

Brothers and sisters I am here to share my testimony of my coming to the Lord. Thank the Lord for He has shown me the error of my ways and has placed me among His children!

It all starts in High School. I was actually a Christian in my freshman year, but I got involved with a very antitheistic crowd especially because my girlfriend at the time was very antitheistic to the point where she would request that I stop talking about God and leave Him out of my poetry to her. I let her affect my faith so much that I became very anti-God, renounced Christianity and spent the my High School years wandering in and out of different faiths. I was a Wiccan, an Asatruar (follower of a reconstructionist religion based on ancient Norse Paganism) and finally settled very comfortably into spiritual Satanism. I was a Satanist for years following graduation from High School. I was vehemently opposed to all forms of monotheism, especially the Abrahamic religions. I mocked the crucifixion, blasphemed whenever I pleased, called upon and glorified the adversary of God.

But something kept creeping into the very recesses of my mind. Whenever I looked upon a crucifix, deep down I felt...reverence..peace. I put it in the back of my head and chalked it off as spiritual weakness. It wasn't until just last year that I seriously took a look at what I believed. I asked myself questions I had never even taken seriously before. I went through a spiritual crisis for about 3 days, at the end of which I asked God to forgive my sins and I renounced satan and pledged heart to Him and repented for my dark heart and blasphemy. But my jubilation in the Lord was short lived. I went back to atheism because I felt I was just fooling myself. "I don't believe in God" I told myself. "Why am I even wasting my time?" (The parable of the seeds applies very heavily to this situation, does it not?)

So I was an evolutionist for a little bit. I studied the big bang theory and different scientific concepts, I was especially interested in gravitational concepts and the phenomenon of black holes and their sheer power and mystery. But along those lines I still longed for a spiritual life. I didn't want to go back to the darkness of Satanism and I didn't want to delve back into nature-worship because, even though I saw nature as awe-inspiring and majestic, I didn't see it as divine or claiming any deific properties therefore not worthy of worship. So one day I (once again!) asked God to forgive me of my falling away from Him and repented for my sins and here I am! Glory to the Lord for He has drawn me back to Him! He has not given up on me and has remained faithful that I would return! I praise the Name above all names for His patience and especially His forgiveness for my wickedness. Christ has truly set me apart from the world and I have a hunger for the Word of God that I have never had before. The Holy Spirit has made His home in my heart and is guiding me in the direction of righteousness!

God bless you all and I pray that He opens the hearts of unbelievers all over the world!:D

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You stole this title from my depression thread, didn't ya? ;)

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Brothers and sisters I am here to share my testimony of my coming to the Lord. Thank the Lord for He has shown me the error of my ways and has placed me among His children!

It all starts in High School. I was actually a Christian in my freshman year, but I got involved with a very antitheistic crowd especially because my girlfriend at the time was very antitheistic to the point where she would request that I stop talking about God and leave Him out of my poetry to her. I let her affect my faith so much that I became very anti-God, renounced Christianity and spent the my High School years wandering in and out of different faiths. I was a Wiccan, an Asatruar (follower of a reconstructionist religion based on ancient Norse Paganism) and finally settled very comfortably into spiritual Satanism. I was a Satanist for years following graduation from High School. I was vehemently opposed to all forms of monotheism, especially the Abrahamic religions. I mocked the crucifixion, blasphemed whenever I pleased, called upon and glorified the adversary of God.

But something kept creeping into the very recesses of my mind. Whenever I looked upon a crucifix, deep down I felt...reverence..peace. I put it in the back of my head and chalked it off as spiritual weakness. It wasn't until just last year that I seriously took a look at what I believed. I asked myself questions I had never even taken seriously before. I went through a spiritual crisis for about 3 days, at the end of which I asked God to forgive my sins and I renounced satan and pledged heart to Him and repented for my dark heart and blasphemy. But my jubilation in the Lord was short lived. I went back to atheism because I felt I was just fooling myself. "I don't believe in God" I told myself. "Why am I even wasting my time?" (The parable of the seeds applies very heavily to this situation, does it not?)

So I was an evolutionist for a little bit. I studied the big bang theory and different scientific concepts, I was especially interested in gravitational concepts and the phenomenon of black holes and their sheer power and mystery. But along those lines I still longed for a spiritual life. I didn't want to go back to the darkness of Satanism and I didn't want to delve back into nature-worship because, even though I saw nature as awe-inspiring and majestic, I didn't see it as divine or claiming any deific properties therefore not worthy of worship. So one day I (once again!) asked God to forgive me of my falling away from Him and repented for my sins and here I am! Glory to the Lord for He has drawn me back to Him! He has not given up on me and has remained faithful that I would return! I praise the Name above all names for His patience and especially His forgiveness for my wickedness. Christ has truly set me apart from the world and I have a hunger for the Word of God that I have never had before. The Holy Spirit has made His home in my heart and is guiding me in the direction of righteousness!

God bless you all and I pray that He opens the hearts of unbelievers all over the world!:D
Hi Rock,

Thanks for sharing your testimony. God is amazing ...... He doesn't give up on us!!! I rejoice with you that you've been set apart to love and serve Him all of your days. \o/