fruitless believers..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EndlessGrace

Believing in Christ, but not bearing fruits of joy.. What is wrong?

Oct 31, 2011
I had the same problem, now I am old and it is solved. God did the solving for me, I think because I gave up trying to do it myself, but decided God put me here, I’ll accept just how my life is and how the people in my life are. I’ll just be sure to express God’s love and otherwise trust how everything happens.

I also found much was solved when I listened to scripture about who Christ is. I think the Christ I followed was a manmade one, not the real Christ. He said “I and the Father are one”. I wasn’t including the Father and the Holy Spirit, and that is not the real God who is the one true God. I found a wonderful knowledgeable man who had studied enough Hebrew and Old Testament culture to be able to what he calls round out the OT. I could finally understand how our world was created and run, the principles of our Triune God. The New Testament is wonderful, especially as it tells of the cross. Without the OT scripture it is too incomplete to be all truth.

Now the joy I feel, the love of our God, our Savior, fills my days. I wish I could send the joy! It makes the pitfalls of this life minor.

Jan 6, 2012
Hi, Grace. You said, "Believing in Christ, but not bearing fruits of joy.. What is wrong?" 'What is wrong' probably begs for a multi-faceted answer, but I think your signature begins to answer the overall question best: "Love is patient; Love is kind..." It seems that when people don't walk in the truth (ie. believing in Christ without any Christlike fruits), your best strategy, or even recourse, is to love <or be patient with> them by an act of your choice, not your feelings. 1Cor. 13 doesn't say it, but 'Love is not obligated' either. Love doesn't obligate you to feel or act or say certain things to others; it just 'is' (noun); it doesn't perform. When other Christians aren't bearing fruits of joy and you don't understand, then "Love is patient; Love is kind."

Aug 2, 2009
I had the same problem, now I am old and it is solved. God did the solving for me, I think because I gave up trying to do it myself, but decided God put me here, I’ll accept just how my life is and how the people in my life are. I’ll just be sure to express God’s love and otherwise trust how everything happens.

I also found much was solved when I listened to scripture about who Christ is. I think the Christ I followed was a manmade one, not the real Christ. He said “I and the Father are one”. I wasn’t including the Father and the Holy Spirit, and that is not the real God who is the one true God. I found a wonderful knowledgeable man who had studied enough Hebrew and Old Testament culture to be able to what he calls round out the OT. I could finally understand how our world was created and run, the principles of our Triune God. The New Testament is wonderful, especially as it tells of the cross. Without the OT scripture it is too incomplete to be all truth.

Now the joy I feel, the love of our God, our Savior, fills my days. I wish I could send the joy! It makes the pitfalls of this life minor.
Hi. I love your answer. God bless you. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

Wonderful witness and so true.
It is trully when we stop looking to what is wrong or we think should be, and let Jesus turn our eyes unto Him, knowing He trully is the way , truth and life given, that all is the delight and love given in our Lord Jesus! :)

God bless
pickles

Dec 19, 2009
Believing in Christ, but not bearing fruits of joy.. What is wrong?
We need to obey the teachings of Jesus. That removes the trouble that otherwise invades our lives. That way we are less grouchy.

M

MaggieMye

True faith...the kind of faith that gets one into heaven is not dead! Faith without works is dead and therefore, no faith at all. Any person that is a true believer HAS the faith that spurs them on to DO the word of the Lord.

It IS that simple!! Those that SAY they believe but do not do, do not believe because IF they truly did believe, they could not help themselves but to do the Word/work of the Lord.

Maggie

Jan 6, 2012
Maggie, we're yet to see that 'living faith' "in our day and in our time."