frustrations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

ropeworm

I've been frustrated with the church for a little while, I don't want to hate the church because I shouldn't hate, but sometime i feel that way. i wanna post some thoughts on here that I've been going through and hope some people can help me out. Normally when I say this stuff people ignore it or don't wanna say anything. Hopefully people are willing to help me, I don't want to be angry with the church, maybe I should start with my story.

In high school i became gothic, i went to church still and whatnot, i was still a Christian. I don't wanna get into whether someone can be gothic and a Christian on here though at the moment. It deals with my ex-girlfriend, who was not a christian at all when we got to gether, so I dove into it quite deep quite fast. It's a long story and not the point I'm getting at. My parents were confused with what was going on, people in my church hated it. I still played in a Christian metal band, we practiced at the church. People in the church were trying to get us to stop playing, luckily the pastor was on our side. Eventually I became increasingly obsessed with the gothic subculture. I obsolutely loved it! i still do... i don't dress like that because I get too consumed by the subculture, but it is still very much a part of me. So the things I like, things I do, say, listen to, etc. I have had people tell me that it is all evil, that I need to follow the light not the darkness. Luckily in college I met a couple friends who also used to be gothic and became christians. It is a part of us but we always get judged for it. I see beauty in "darkness". i'm not taling about demonic darkness, but literally darkness. I was a part of a ministry team for about a year. My friend would get up and talk about his alcoholic and dugfilled past and the leaders of our group would go up to him and thank him for talking, it was really powerful. But when I talk about stuff, no I have to tone it down. The last time I spoke I decided not to sugarcoat things anymore, I saw them in the back covering their eyes in a sort of dissapointed and shamed way. I still think in a gothic way, i think the saying is true "once a goth you're always a goth". For once I would like to hear an answer to this question, "why?". I have always asked it for why people say I'm wrong or doing something evil and i am never given an answer. I have honestly though about leaving Christianity because of the people, but I believe strongly in the Bible and what it says and what Jesus said. It is the truth and I will not abandon it no matter how hard it may be.

Too be honest, looking back I'm not sure why I'm posting this. I guess I want some people to talk to about it, sometimes I feel very alone in the world. I've got a lot more things to say and about different things but I don't wanna flood the page, this is a very basic overview of some thoughts. If anyone wants to read more in depth about some of my struggles and thoughts and doctrines and whatnot you can go to my blog at tears-larmes.blogspot.com

spike

C

carpetmanswife

I have honestly though about leaving Christianity because of the people, but I believe strongly in the Bible and what it says and what Jesus said. It is the truth and I will not abandon it no matter how hard it may be.

Gothic or not...makes no difference to me..from this very quote of yours you sound to be as stable a christian as anyone else. We serve the living God not people, and yes people will disappoint us even make us question our faith, but sounds to me like you are on the right track . Let God lead you where He wants you to go and who He wants you to be..and remember we arent here to plz any man for if we make all men happy ...somethings seriously wrong with us , those who act ashamed of you and your testimony ..in my opinion, should be ashamed of themselves. Gbu :) stand strong in your faith and you will be ok

R

ropeworm

Thank you for your response, It really means a lot.