Fun & Games with Biometrics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
China Changes their ID Policies

December 27, 2012 by ritaBiometric

Everyone needs an ID. However, people in China may have to use their IDs for internet access. Not only that, but after the new year, China will be requiring some cities to produce fingerprinted IDs. While these new measures are meant to keep the internet and identities more secure, some are saying that the new policies may be a bit overboard.

Those who oppose the new internet policy are saying that it may be an attempt to silence political speech online. However, according to NY Daily News, the Chinese government is requiring people to register with their full names in an effort to keep their internet healthier, more cultured and safer for everyone.

If the new regulation goes through, a government issued ID must be presented when signing an internet contract. This regulation may seem extreme to some. However, other countries may be working to adopt a similar policy.

China Changes their ID Policies | Capture Technologies < click

American senators push for biometrics

By Adam Vrankulj
February 1, 2013 -

American Senators John McCain and Chuck Schumer have said their framework for immigration reform could require biometric information to check employment status.

During a Politico Playbook Breakfast, McCain was asked if he was in favor of a “super Social Security card what would have some sort of biometric thing like a fingerprint,” to which McCain said, “”I’m for it,” The Huffington Post reports.

American senators push for biometrics | BiometricUpdate.com < click

Canada to begin collecting biometric data from certain foreign nationals

February 1 2013

On December 8 2012 Citizenship and Immigration Canada published proposed regulations(1) that will authorise the collection and use of biometric data from certain foreign nationals who apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Biometrics is the measurement of an individual's unique physical characteristics, such as fingerprints and facial image; an applicant's identity can be established through biometrics due to the uniqueness of these identifiers.

Canada to begin collecting biometric data from certain foreign nationals - Lexology < click

Multiple factors contributing to growth of iris biometrics market
Share Friday, February 8, 2013

Global Industry Analysts predicts that the global market for iris biometrics will reach $1.5 billion by 2018, with technology advances and expanding application areas driving that growth.

In its new report “Iris Biometrics: A Global Strategic Business Report,” GIA has found that this form of biometric recognition is starting to see a lot of growth due to its low failure to error rates and high accuracy levels.

While market growth has traditionally comes from technology adoption in the travel and immigration segment and physical access control applications, it has potential for growth in high-end security and access control applications. GIA predicts that national ID programs, banking and financial services and system and access control industries will help drive this growth. Industries where accurate fingerprints are more difficult to collect, such as biomedical labs, coal mines and food processing, are also expected to adopt iris recognition for access control.

GIA has found that the U.S. is the largest global market for iris biometrics, but the Middle East has been growing at a 29.1% CAGR over the analysis period.

ThirdFactor | Multiple factors contributing to growth of iris biometrics market < click

Dog owners face £500 fine for failing to microchip pets
Dog owners will face fines of up to £500 if they do not get puppies microchipped, ministers have warned.

Dog owners face £500 fine for failing to microchip pets - Telegraph < click

[$ 790.08 US]

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
China Changes their ID Policies

December 27, 2012 by ritaBiometric

Everyone needs an ID. However, people in China may have to use their IDs for internet access. Not only that, but after the new year, China will be requiring some cities to produce fingerprinted IDs. While these new measures are meant to keep the internet and identities more secure, some are saying that the new policies may be a bit overboard.

Those who oppose the new internet policy are saying that it may be an attempt to silence political speech online. However, according to NY Daily News, the Chinese government is requiring people to register with their full names in an effort to keep their internet healthier, more cultured and safer for everyone.

If the new regulation goes through, a government issued ID must be presented when signing an internet contract. This regulation may seem extreme to some. However, other countries may be working to adopt a similar policy.

China Changes their ID Policies | Capture Technologies < click
Man, oh man. As much as China already controls their citizens' access to the net? As restricted as political speech is already? This could be the nail in the coffin.

Oh, sorry. It's to make the internet healthier, more cultured and safer. I must have skipped that part. :rolleyes:

Aug 2, 2009
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese government worrying that its citizens might spout off online about how horrible and unfair life is behind the iron curtain.

P

psychomom

While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.
1 Thes. 5:3

Can't help but think of the comparison...

Oh, and Chuck Schumer...never voted for him...
ashamed to be 'represented' by him. :(

P

psychomom

oh, just as a haha...
my 18 yo daughter scolded her sister for showing my something reported by the Huffington Post.

"Not the huff-po! Mom hates that!"
:cool:

Still...the libs are now saying they want to protect the nation from illegals? (yeah, right)
I thought they were all to be granted amnesty?
:rolleyes:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese government worrying that its citizens might spout off online about how horrible and unfair life is behind the iron curtain.
ain't it the truth zero?
that's what all this is about.

can't have the West knowing what unspeakable atrocities are going on while we are buddy-buddy and partnery.

let us remember Mr. Rockefeller and Mr. Strong et al said China is the model society.
Great Leap Forward alright.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
oh, just as a haha...
my 18 yo daughter scolded her sister for showing my something reported by the Huffington Post.

"Not the huff-po! Mom hates that!"
:cool:

Still...the libs are now saying they want to protect the nation from illegals? (yeah, right)
I thought they were all to be granted amnesty?
:rolleyes:
uh....ya...hello?
war tactic.
all the cool dictatorships are doing it.

look at the Soviet Un...i mean the European Union.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Philadelphia Courts Begin Using Computer Forecasts to Predict Future Criminal Behavior
February 7, 2013 8:26 PM
By Pat Loeb
PHILADELPHIA (CBS)

hot link doesn't work.

Last edited: