Fundamental Islam

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
I was walking around Six Flags with my children the other day. We were having a great time in the water park when I saw these very young Muslim women. They were covered from head to toe in scarves and veils. It was so incredibly hot that day! Later I saw another older woman with her entire face covered along with all of the rest of her body. It was easily 95 degrees—maybe hotter. I was moved with compassion for them. I refuse to believe they were wearing all of this by choice. I was moved to pray for their salvation and to know that God gave them a gift of beauty to share with the world—not to hide under a ridiculous amount of fabric. I would never leave the house if I had to wear all of that! God wants modesty, but he does not want undue suffering. Jesus died for our freedom. We can dress comfortably. I just suspect some overbearing or possessive father or husband is behind the nonsense I saw that day. I wish he could understand how ungodly oppressing women really is. Those poor women! I hope they hear they will receive the good news and live in the freedom of Christ soon.
 
All of their lives are full of all sorts of sin, likely. Chances are worse is done to those women.
But it Is part of the religion and culture. Some women not even raised around that choose it. We have American women that pick that belief system, that mode of dress.
And in some cases women dressed like that, without a man around to prompt them, will literally gang assault other women (in non-muslim countries) for being too revealing.
So while there is a Lot of mistreatment among women in that area, not all are victims.
 
Ugly;bt22406 said:
All of their lives are full of all sorts of sin, likely. Chances are worse is done to those women.
But it Is part of the religion and culture. Some women not even raised around that choose it. We have American women that pick that belief system, that mode of dress.
And in some cases women dressed like that, without a man around to prompt them, will literally gang assault other women (in non-muslim countries) for being too revealing.
So while there is a Lot of mistreatment among women in that area, not all are victims.

That day, I just had that feeling—you know, like a spiritual insight...like they were screaming out to me that they were being forced to live like that. I have read that some women choose and prefer it. They would feel naked without it. I can understand that too. All of what you said is true and good.
 
I feel it is not for us to comment upon lifestyle choices made by other cultures. Such things are decided by their own.
 
mar09;bt22405 said:
Hi kim,

Thanks for the share. It is good to see you again here.

Thanks! The Lord has really healed my wrist. I feel no pain now. :)
 
JLC10;bt22413 said:
I feel it is not for us to comment upon lifestyle choices made by other cultures. Such things are decided by their own.

I disagree. When I see the mistreatment of men, women, and children as a religious or cultural norm...I am going to speak out against it. If it is truly their own desire to do something, I wish them freedom to do it. If not, they should never be forced to suffer especially in the name of God.