Funny Family Stories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tdrew777

Who has a funny family story to share that could lift everyone's spirits?

My two year old daughter, who is struggling to learn both English and Tajik language (we live in Tajikistan among my in-laws), became very emotional about her Tajik cousin, Nawshod. She was always wanting to see Nawshod and wondering when Nawshod would come over. It took us a few weeks until we figured out that she thought the boy's name was the Tajik word for "cousin".

P

Precious_Sunflower

Maybe this is a bit gross writing in here, but I thought it was also very funny and sweet. In a kindergarden I worked at then one of my co workers told about a little girl's experience. This girl was pooping at the toilet, once this co worker had returned back the little girl had been eating some of the poop, and she told my co worker that she thought it was chocolate but it didn't taste very nice.

My co worker thought it was very sweet, and I must say I thought it was very funny too. The little girl really thought her poop looked like chocolate, and it made sense she wanted to try it out. Of course it is very gross too, but one knows how a childlike mind can become, too, sometimes, don't we? ;) :)

(sorry about this not being a family story, hope it was fine sharing this)

S

Songbird_7

hahaha! Oh, I have quite a few poop stories. My oldest is artistic like me and one lazy Sunday afternoon, my husband and I were taking a nap until we smelled poo....and we couldn't figure out why! We both ran to our son's room, and there he was sans diaper, drawing all over the walls with his "finger paint"....OH MY. We just stood there staring and didn't even know where to start! We finally got him potty trained, and then he insisted on reading a book while he was on the potty...just like Dad! Sorry...it seems that when you have kids, most of the stories involve this subject.

P

Precious_Sunflower

I think it is a very normal subject whether you are a parent or work with children. ;) Funny story about your child. I can understand both your husband and you were speechless with this, must have been a shock witnessing this in the start. Although it is something you laugh about later, too. :)

Another child from this same kindergarden, a boy, once pressed out his poop through his pants end. This was something most of us outside witnessed, made us speechless at the moment it happened. This was my first day there, and they already told me to take care of the boy. I was okay with this, though the main leader felt embarrassed about them telling me to doing this on my first work day there.

S

Songbird_7

Ha! We have a good laugh about those things even now. My son who did the poo wall art is now 6 and I told him that story the other day and he just laughed hysterically....thought it was the funniest thing he ever heard.

Sounds like that class had some potty training issues! I'm glad we're past those kinds of accidents, except with the 2 year old.

P

Precious_Sunflower

They were all very busy, so this was why they told me to do it. I didn't mind it that much, it also went very fine with washing the boy, and just having a nice chat so he didn't felt too silly about this. At least it must have done a better impression than if I would have refused doing this. Also that if you are working with small children it is a part of what can happen, sometimes. These children were from toddler age up to 5 years old. That girl I mentioned up there was 3 years old then. The boy was around that same age, I think, too... The children I worked with there were around 3-4 years old.

I don't know if you have a similiar quote for this, but where I come from they say that children often have many goldcorns, as in what they do, say, how they think, or what they beleive, e.t.c... Also what I thought fun with working in kindergardens, is to experience so many different characters there are among the children there. Some of them had very strong characters, like one little boy that was already very talented in making up rhymes.

S

Songbird_7

Goldcorns. Never heard of that term! But it fits. My kids astound me sometimes. It's amazing what kids observe and also how funny they are. My mom was here last weekend to celebrate 2 of my sons' birthdays, and my four year old looked at her very seriously and said "Grandma, you're too old to drive." We couldn't stop laughing! And this same child was asked in Sunday school what he was thankful for and he said "pickles and my butt crack!"...oh, we almost couldn't breathe we were laughing so hard when our friend who was teaching the class told us!

M

MichiganderSarah

Yesterday I was at my sister's house. My mom was carrying my niece Christina, who is almost three. When they walked by me I reached out and touched her hair. She turned her head to look at me and said, "Why are you guys always trying to hurt my life?!" That girl always has some silly, funny comment to make and it is usually something that's surprising to hear come out of the mouth of someone that young.

P

Precious_Sunflower

Goldcorns. Never heard of that term! But it fits. My kids astound me sometimes. It's amazing what kids observe and also how funny they are. My mom was here last weekend to celebrate 2 of my sons' birthdays, and my four year old looked at her very seriously and said "Grandma, you're too old to drive." We couldn't stop laughing! And this same child was asked in Sunday school what he was thankful for and he said "pickles and my butt crack!"...oh, we almost couldn't breathe we were laughing so hard when our friend who was teaching the class told us!
It is indeed funny how children observe and think things through in their minds. When I was a little girl myself we sometimes met with the priest family, also because my older sister was best friends with their youngest daughter. The priest and his wife had both white hair, also when I was still a child. I asked my parents; "Are they the grandparents of the girl?" They told me they weren't and that they were the parents of the girl. Then I asked; "But why do they have white hair then?" In my opinion everyone who had white hair had to be grandparents. ;) :)

P

Precious_Sunflower

Yesterday I was at my sister's house. My mom was carrying my niece Christina, who is almost three. When they walked by me I reached out and touched her hair. She turned her head to look at me and said, "Why are you guys always trying to hurt my life?!" That girl always has some silly, funny comment to make and it is usually something that's surprising to hear come out of the mouth of someone that young.
A already very wise young lady. ;) :)