Gay Marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 9, 2010
but see there's twist if the law says its legal, they have the right to bring law suits against churches who won't marry them for discrimination thats the slippery slope nobody seems to see
I totally understand what you're saying! But I can also see that law suit being thrown out the window! Thats when separation of church and state should surely coming into practice! And it's not as if it's being legal or illegal! It's rights and privileges they're looking for! They can not make the church recognize them as a marriage or force the church to change its doctrine. But it will be interesting to see them try! And what the outcome will be!

Aug 8, 2010
but see there's twist if the law says its legal, they have the right to bring law suits against churches who won't marry them for discrimination thats the slippery slope nobody seems to see
Churches (at least catholic ones that I know of) can already tell someone they don't want to marry them for a variety of reasons.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
So all the answers I've had so far are against the change in law.

Let me ask you this: why should some sinners be allowed to marry and others not?

Let's look at a list of those people who may be allowed to marry by law:

Unrepentant murderers
Unrepentant rapists
Atheists
Those who believe in religious other than Christianity

Now, what I'm saying is this, in the interests of fairness, why are we allowing unrepentant murderers to marry and not homosexual couples?

Why single out the act of homosexuality as more of a sin than (say) being a rapist or an atheist, both of whom are allowed to wed?
youre a smart person and make a very good point.

Aug 3, 2012
Many institutions in society use the phrase "sexual orientation" in
association with one's sexuality. The term orientation is unfairly
slanted towards left-leaning activist groups to support their claim
that because of inborn genetic tendencies homosexuals can not change.
The scientific consensus on homosexuality is that it is a due to a
complex interaction of environmental and genetic factors. This is the
same as the scientific consensus lifestyles for alcoholism, gluttony,
and pathological deceit." Regardless of whether or not tendencies are
genetic, the lifestyle choice is up to the individual. I have created
this petition to encourage organizations to present a more balanced
view of homosexual lifestyle choices and to remove the prejudicious
label that implies that homosexuals can not change. Please join me in
signing this petition at

**edited**

Join me in adding your name to the list to promote a change that would
make a real difference in the lives of those who are deceived into
thinking that there is no choice but for them to be gay, share this
with your friends, and help me get this to go viral so that we can make
a stand for what is right.

Chadwick E. Harvey

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LouiseDritz

I agree with you, but I can't sign right now..lol

A

answers

I don't understand the man on man and woman on woman? I know I am not to judge and I won't, but I can't help to notice in both partnerships there seems to be a masculine and feminine. What I am confused with is why everyone is in such a hurry to find their mate when there is one out there that would fit just right in the opposite gender. I mean we are very different in appearance, likes, and dislikes. To be blunt, there are butch gals for the girly dudes, there are girly gals for the butch dudes, and equally butch and girly for each other. Why go against God because you find someone attractive? Who knows?

B

BIRUSHA

Honestly, absolutely not possible, a man and man marrying each other, it is violating human nature.