Georgia Student Sexually Assaulted--Perpetrators Allowed to Finish High School

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 9, 2012
Video Landing Page - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Guys, this is my local court system at home in Georgia. The news report left out important details of the victim being a student involved in the special education program in East Jackson Comprehensive High School. Why does this hit close to home? This is where I graduated high school. This report has me livid beyond words because the perpetrators of the crime are allowed to graduate from high school and begin sentencing from there. I'm not sure I know how to process this correctly. I guess it is another reminder we live in a broken world in need of a Savior. Please, be in prayer for the family of the victim and be with the faculty and staff as they work with friends of the victim as well. This is just heartbreaking and dear to my heart. :/

B

brokenclay

Hi sister! There is a lack of empathy on the part of the judge. It seems he has decided to show leniency due to the age of the perpetrators. The family as well did not have a good lawyer. Praying the Lord will bring them to repentance. And for Gods peace to fill her. Praying God will raise up a standard of justice and mercy against wicked rulers. Regards, Larry.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I read an article not long ago that a 12th grade student in this same state was expelled for hugging a teacher. Hugging....

The teacher said it made her feel uncomfortable so now he won't graduate and lost his scholarships.

May 3, 2013
I read an article not long ago that a 12th grade student in this same state was expelled for hugging a teacher. Hugging....

The teacher said it made her feel uncomfortable so now he won't graduate and lost his scholarships.
I will hug no one there...

Signs: Winnie Pooh.

May 9, 2012
It's a sad day where some people just lack a spine and will sue for anything. Elizabeth, I know what case you are talking about. Although, she did tell him not to hug her, I still feel an expulsion was not necessary. But yeah, the entire case of the sexual assault happening in my hometown in my high school of all places and the judge letting them graduate, has PEE OED a lot of people off. Maybe, there may be a petition. I don't know. Right now, it is in God's hands. Maybe, there is also something we don't know about the media isn't speaking of. Again, I don't know. The whole case is just disturbing.