A Key to Our Relationship
Are you sensing a growing conviction that you need to spend more time with the Lord? My goal in asking is not to make you feel bad. As Derek himself said in another part of the message quoted above: “And so, my desire is to help you. Not to accuse you; not to condemn you—but to help you.”
Through what has been shared so far, you may feel the need to prioritize getting alone with God. If you sincerely desire to commit yourself to that pursuit, let’s tell the Lord together by making the following declaration. Are you ready?
Lord, You are in charge of my entire life. My life’s purpose will become clearer only as I get in Your presence and receive strength and stamina to carry me forward.
Dear Heavenly Father, You and I need to spend more quality time together. Please forgive me for neglecting that aspect of spiritual discipline in my relationship with You.
With this declaration and prayer, I place getting alone with You at the top of my priority list. With Your help, I will carve out specific times to spend with You—both to listen in silence and to pour out my heart to You.
Please help me follow the example Jesus set for all of us in His relationship with You, Father—finding time to be alone with You to confirm Your will and direction for every aspect of my life. I want to—and by Your grace, I will.
Starting today, I make this solemn commitment to You. Amen.
Starting today, I make this solemn commitment to You. Amen.
Every Step We Take
The step we have just taken is going to require a dose of added discipline in our lives. The good news, as you and I know so well, is that every step taken to deepen our relationship with the Lord results in unexpected rewards—both earthly and eternal. Who knows what will emerge from the declaration and prayer you and I have made today?
Such a significant commitment has to be reinforced—and we want to help in that regard. The teachings of Derek Prince can provide substantive encouragement as you set your face to move forward. It is our privilege to make these materials available to you—so please take us up on our offer to help.
Let’s start with a free audio offer for “Taking Time to Wait on God.” As I said, this message may surprise you with its variety and candor. Often, Derek refused to pull any punches in what he shared—but he always spoke out of love and concern. Please click here to download this message, and soak in it to reinforce the pivotal step you have taken today.
Stronger Relational Ties
You and I are called together for such times as these—and to fulfill His purposes for us, we will need to prioritize time alone with the Lord. We hope you will continue to rely heavily upon the resources we can provide, sharing your testimonies of the progress you are making. Your continuing involvement with us—especially through your prayers and financial support—represent a strong bond of relationship between us in the family of God. It is an honor to stay in touch with you in these significant days.
Our prayer is that you will grow increasingly stronger in your relationship with the Lord, serving Him faithfully in the days ahead. As you well know, stability in the Christian life doesn’t come without a price. But from the example set by Jesus, our Savior, we have discovered one of the main components we need for growth and progress.
Are you ready to put this principle in place? Jesus modeled it so clearly for us—one of the pivotal factors in a flowing relationship with the Father—getting alone with God.