Ghost Hunters a sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GodsGuitarist

As a Christian, is it wrong to watch shows such as Ghost Hunters or similar shows?

Ghost Hunters is one of my favorite shows. I'm fascinated with the paranormal, but I don't know if that's bad. Sometimes I think God wouldn't want me to watch a show where they try to contact the dead. I've even done some amatuer Ghost Hunting myself in the past. Is this a sin?

A

Abing

eeeeps, why would you hunt ghosts?!?! they're fallen angels riight? hmm, yeah i myself was fond of watching those shows, but hmmm, ever since i started getting to know God., there's just not a place in my heart for ghosts anymore, :p and if you feel something is wrong, (thats actually the conviction of the Holy Spirit) - then stop doing it, hm for 1 day, and then breathe in and out :D you won't have the bad feeling anymore that came from watching it right? then continue doing what is right, in His Word

S

SamIam

OHH MY GOSH! There was a whoollleee marathon on of ghost hunters i think it was last thanksgiving or the one before that......... well anyways.... i watched the WHOLE THING! i didnt sleep for daaaaays!!! lol i will NEVER WATCH THAT SHOW AGAIN lol

F

ForeverYours

I think it is. Doesn't God say to not even mess with that stuff? My aunt is so into that paranormal stuff, mediums, and all that. Drives me crazy. And it uh, kinda freaks me out a wee bit.

Jun 7, 2009
Just pretend for a moment that we are back in the days and times where Jesus Christ was walking around and we actually waked up to Him and asked him if it was ok to converse with demons or spirits of the dead?

What do you think HE would say?

Jan 8, 2009
Jesus conversed with evil spirits/demons didnt he?

S

SamIam

He did, but have you ever seen ghost hunters mohagany snail??

Jan 8, 2009
i may have seen one or two episodes years ago, but there are some pretty convincing youtube videos about these things too

A

Abing

Jesus conversed with evil spirits/demons didnt he?
lol hiiiii :D
anyways, Jesus free'd demon possessed men, He did not came here to do some ghost hunting :p, i think it's pretty clear ;)

S

SamIam

i may have seen one or two episodes years ago, but there are some pretty convincing youtube videos about these things too

yeah ive seen some crazy stuff on youtube!!

Apr 23, 2009
As a Christian, is it wrong to watch shows such as Ghost Hunters or similar shows?

Ghost Hunters is one of my favorite shows. I'm fascinated with the paranormal, but I don't know if that's bad. Sometimes I think God wouldn't want me to watch a show where they try to contact the dead. I've even done some amatuer Ghost Hunting myself in the past. Is this a sin?
That is probably the Holy Spirit convicting you. I would be obedient to His conviction if I were you.

B

Baruch

Contacting the dead is what mediums do and yes, participating in the means like a seyance is a sin. Using a Ouiji Board is a sin, even if it was done as a game. Contacting any spirit or to relate to any spiritual realm other than through Jesus Christ is sinning against God.

Isaiah 8: 19And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

2 Kings 23:24Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2: 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

M

missy2shoes

Great verse Merry :)

M

MaggieMye

Ghost Hunters is one of my favorite shows. I'm fascinated with the paranormal, but I don't know if that's bad. WHY are you fascinated with the paranormal?? Why are you intriqued by the workings of demons? There is no such thing as a ghost, but it is all demons. Demons will appear IN THE FORM OF a human so as to engage a person and establish a 'relationship'. That way, once the relationship is established, the demon can have influence in that person's life. Who would want that?? So yes. It is NOT a good thing to do .Sometimes I think God wouldn't want me to watch a show where they try to contact the dead. That is necromancy and forbidden in the Bible (Deut 18:10-12 "

10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
I've even done some amatuer Ghost Hunting myself in the past. Is this a sin?
What for? The first rule of deliverance and spiritual warfare is to look to the NATURAL to see if any certain thing can be explained in the natural. If you do think some occurance or activity is of the demonic nature, get fellow believers together to pray and seek Wisdom from Holy Spirit as to what to do. Houses, buildings, land and even cars can be inhibited by spirits just waiting to find a human body to move into (Mt 12: 43-44 "43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished." Our bodies are viewed by the demonic as houses. BUT GOD tells us we are to be TEMPLES in which He resides. If you are not FILLED UP with the word of God, you have no business approaching any demon, regardless of how 'small' you might think it is. It can stay in a house or building until it's legal right to be there is dealt with...and that is where understanding of spiriutal warafare protocol comes in.
Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.