GHOST!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cassie20

Are ghost real and if so are they good or bad? Does the Bible talk about ghost? :confused:

Jan 18, 2011

Well the only thing I could find was this:

1 John 4:1

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [test] the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: (3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (4) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. (6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error."

2 Corinthians 11:14 (KJV)

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Matthew 14:26

"And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear."

Luke 24:39

Jesus said to his disciples: "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

There are some passages in 1 Samuel too especially in chapter 28. Also a few in Deuteronomy about mediums and pychics etc etc.

Here's an online article I found on the subject:

What the Bible says about: Ghosts, and Psychics

Personally, I love to watch ghost hunting shows particularly because I'm a person who is fasinated with the unknown. Also, I like a good scare every now and then, pumps the adrenaline and regulates the pulse, lol. I think the media really has glorified the subject of spirits and turned them into something they are not. In fact, in my opinion, that apprehensive feeling one gets when encountered or observing an encounter with an unknown spirit?.........It's because that ghost is really a demon in disguise.

Last edited:
C

ChristianTeen

There are spirits, which are often referred to as ghosts.. Demons are also sometimes called ghosts and they exist too..

D

Doodle_Fossil

not all ghosts are bad Shadow People are bad orbs I dont know that much about. I know my grandfather has checked in on me a few times and I am fine with that I know he is because my dad asked him to watch over me and this has helped me proov that love never fades. It is things like this that I am ok with it is when you start to try and contact them that is bad never do that. Keep it at a you contact me not I contact you level.

U

Ugly

A ghost is the soul of a dead human lingering on the earth. The bible says a person dies, and then goes to judgment. So how can a ghost exist if the soul of a person goes to judgment and does not linger on the earth? From a biblical standpoint, the only possibility that a 'ghost' could be explained by is demonic. There is no other option unless you set the bible aside.

D

Doodle_Fossil

A ghost is the soul of a dead human lingering on the earth. The bible says a person dies, and then goes to judgment. So how can a ghost exist if the soul of a person goes to judgment and does not linger on the earth? From a biblical standpoint, the only possibility that a 'ghost' could be explained by is demonic. There is no other option unless you set the bible aside.
what if the person needs to say goodbye to a family member tlike there wife or child? think about it?

M

MrsSunflower

Do you have any biblical references on that one Doodle_Fossil? Somewhere where God approves someone being dead to going back to earth to saying goodbye to or warning a family member or a friend after dead?

If you read about the rich man and Lazarus; then the rich man wanted to go back and warning his family. Yet he wasn't allowed to.

“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” (Luke 16, 19-31)

W

wwjd_kilden

I am gonna agree with Ugly, "ghosts" are simply demons. The dead are dead, they cannot communicate with us (as MrsSunflower also said with the bible quote)

D

Doodle_Fossil

Shadow people are dark not good at all and feed off of negative energy and orbs are still up for debate no one realy seems to know what they are.

R

rodogg

Shadow people are dark not good at all and feed off of negative energy and orbs are still up for debate no one realy seems to know what they are.
Ok that sounds pretty different from anything to do with Christianity :) And therefore not real things.

D

Doodle_Fossil

Ok that sounds pretty different from anything to do with Christianity :) And therefore not real things.
im just saying since the topic is ghosts thats all

D

Doodle_Fossil

What do you mean by that?
That there are different things a ghost is one thing an orb is basicly almost just energy and a shadow person is...I honestly don't know.

ghost refers to one thing not all that is paranormal.