Gimme Gimme Gimme

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

I was in a store, and this man had two sons. One son was constantly asking for something, this and that, and the other was just quiet, and didn't ask for much. And I pretty sure that if he asked, his father would be MORE delighted to give it to him, because I am sure that the things he asks for are for a good reason, and not to be wasted as soon.

WOW! And now I think about the parable of the prodigal son now. But let me continue on.

Some Christians want this, and want that, and this woman that man, this house that car, this job, that business, this pair of clothes, those glasses, this food, that drink; THIS LIFE.

But who will be a humble servant of the Lord, not wrapped up in carnal things like others? Who will give up all of this temporary corroding idea of riches for eternal riches? Which one of you is like that son who does not ask his father out of lust? Who does not waste the goodness of God on trivial things?

Or which one of you is a content wife, and not so vain as to burden your husband with silly wants and desires that have no eternal value. I would be ashamed of a wife like that, though, because I love her she I would not hesitate to give it to her. But after a while I would begin to see where her heart really is. Not in love but in vanity and what she can get, more than what she can GIVE!!!!! AND NOT GIVING GRUDGINGLY!!!

A lot of winy babies in the Church, but no one wants to grow up and be good stewards. No one wants responsibility and no one wants to suffer long. Even the gospels they desire are not of Jesus Christ in patience and gentleness, but a fast gospel. Yes, it is like fast food. And the preachers they love say, ''You can have it your way.'' A mockery and a shame.

NO!!! YOU CANNOT HAVE IT YOUR WAY!! Stop being a little child and grow up!

May Jesus bless you.

G

giantone

It isn't all that bad to ask God for everything that is a concern, what is bad is when people don't want to put forth an effort to get close to God or pray or read the Bible and then expects God to jump because of their great faith that they haven't bothered with.

Faith is like a muscle if you use it , it gets stronger and if you don't it gets weaker.

I would also say if you are truly focused on God and His Word, you won't ask for stupid things.

Romans 10:17 *So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

R

Ramon

It isn't all that bad to ask God for everything that is a concern, what is bad is when people don't want to put forth an effort to get close to God or pray or read the Bible and then expects God to jump because of their great faith that they haven't bothered with.

Faith is like a muscle if you use it , it gets stronger and if you don't it gets weaker.

I would also say if you are truly focused on God and His Word, you won't ask for stupid things.

Romans 10:17 *So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Yes, if we are truly focused on God and His Word we will be willing that his will be done and not ours. May Jesus bless you.