Girlfriend is an athiest.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Q

qdn4real

I believe that it is between you and God. The bible say what seem to be right to man leads to disaster. We are all concluding that they should separate. What is God saying about, the question is does God have a purpose for this relationship, I do not know. When we come with conclusion in the Bible God Send a man to go find a wife and This was a MAN of God (Christian) and the wife was a Prostitute. Please i will urge to seek God in this because this is not ABOUT you its mostly about her. I think we should not be emotional but really seek God in this. Just my 2 cents with.

E

Eagle5

Run don't walk! Nobody can make one believe, it has to come from the heart and in the mean time your life is wasting away for the doors that God has planned for you.

If it doesn't feel right now, that is your clue!!!!

Aug 30, 2009
I can relate to you wih this...I met my boyfriend who is unsaved when I was in the midst of backsliding I met him through my old friends, I made a mistake and got pregnant by him and after realizing how bad I messed up and how sinful I was I rededicated my life to the LORD. I began to see that I was being drawn into the spiritual world and while I would be taking steps to going to church and reading my bible he would still continue to hangout with his friends, party and live worldly. We were in two seperate worlds...I've prayed for him over him and even pleaded the blood of jesus over him at times when he would be relaxed or sleep...I recently bought a book called "how to be a happy wife of an unsaved husband" he is not my husband but that is what I am hoping he would become...in this book the author points out a scripture from the bible (1 Peter 3:1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

So I realized that as long as I continue to show a godly example and show God's light shining in me and beig submissive to him, He will soon come into the faith...many times I have broken up with him because I knwo deep in my heart I want a God fearing, God loving man and family, I want to have a blessed marriage and follow the truth and there is no truth if God isn't apart of it. Amen! because He is truth!!!

This is why the bible has warned us to not be unequally yoked because it makes thigns so complicated and difficult for us... Yes God can change that person for you! but it's always the question of do they want to change and when...because we have to keep in mind that we have all been given free Will....But I always think to myself if I would have just stayed in God's WIll and never backslided and waited on the LORD to send me someone it would of never been this way...that is why it is so important that we listen to the LORD and follow his plan because He is always right and he knows the plan that He has for us! but just because you decided to be with someone who dosen't believe does not mean that God can't turn things around and bless you both...just continue to seek him, do what you have to do and remember no good thing will he withhold from them that love Him.

God bless

Nov 27, 2018
...but shouldn't I try to lead them to God? :)
I just started dating my girlfriend this week, but at our very first date, I brought up my faith and discovered that she is an agnostic. I assumed she was a Christian because she is a very nice girl and a hard worker (I work with her at Pizza Ranch, which also happens to be Christ-affiliated), and I know for a fact that she has never had a boyfriend before. She said that she wants to believe in God but has trouble believing ins something that she cannot empirically touch. I tried to share some apologetics, and she is actually kind of interested in my faith, but she still has a lot to go before the Holy Spirit convicts her. I made it apparent that it will become a problem if neither of us changes - and I'm not giving up my Christ for her. I tell her I pray for her, and I make sure that I remain consistent in my faith so that she may see the Truth in my actions and heart. Unfortunately, I accidentally made a blunder last night when I texted something that unintentionally insulted her agnosticism. I immediately apologized, and next time I see her, I will give her a flower.

What is more important than your relationship with her is her own relationship with Jesus, and if you can postpone your own relationship with her (of course, still remain friends!) until she decides to have a personal relationship with Christ. I told my friend that I will never kiss her or even hold her hand until she becomes a Christian. This protects ourselves if we do end up breaking up, and it shows that I genuinely value her rather than wanting a girlfriend for whatever other benefits may arouse.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I just started dating my girlfriend this week, but at our very first date, I brought up my faith and discovered that she is an agnostic. I assumed she was a Christian because she is a very nice girl and a hard worker (I work with her at Pizza Ranch, which also happens to be Christ-affiliated), and I know for a fact that she has never had a boyfriend before. She said that she wants to believe in God but has trouble believing ins something that she cannot empirically touch. I tried to share some apologetics, and she is actually kind of interested in my faith, but she still has a lot to go before the Holy Spirit convicts her. I made it apparent that it will become a problem if neither of us changes - and I'm not giving up my Christ for her. I tell her I pray for her, and I make sure that I remain consistent in my faith so that she may see the Truth in my actions and heart. Unfortunately, I accidentally made a blunder last night when I texted something that unintentionally insulted her agnosticism. I immediately apologized, and next time I see her, I will give her a flower.

What is more important than your relationship with her is her own relationship with Jesus, and if you can postpone your own relationship with her (of course, still remain friends!) until she decides to have a personal relationship with Christ. I told my friend that I will never kiss her or even hold her hand until she becomes a Christian. This protects ourselves if we do end up breaking up, and it shows that I genuinely value her rather than wanting a girlfriend for whatever other benefits may arouse.
This thread is Eight years old and most if not all who posted in it are no longer active on the site. Including the person you responded to. You'll want to pay attention to the dates of posts.

Nov 27, 2018
Thank you. This chat had the best advice, but I guess I didn't look at the dates because I was so concerned about getting godly advice. But seen as you're here, do you have any advice for me?

G

Gracie_14

Thank you. This chat had the best advice, but I guess I didn't look at the dates because I was so concerned about getting godly advice. But seen as you're here, do you have any advice for me?
Hey...I see you're new here. :) Welcome to CC!!!! Hmm....let me go and read your post since you're asking advice ;)

G

Gracie_14

For here I see...you're really handling it well. The fact that you haven't compromised your beliefs is a good thing. But, I wonder....she isn't far from God, right? You do realise you have to be careful when you're dating someone who isn't really a Christian. I understand her position and not trying to judge you but you have to know the purpose in why you're pursuing her. But, I see you've told your friend you wouldn't give physical affection until she comes to know Jesus as her personal saviour. Well then, that's really good. I'm sure your prayers will be answered if it's the Lord's will. I dunno. I pray she may open her heart to God. :)

presidente

May 29, 2013
Good morning all,

I'll get right to the point and would love to hear some opinions. I met a girl 6 months ago who I believe may have shown an interest in my faith and even went to church with me a couple times just to keep me pleased or interested in her. Yesterday she told me it wasn't right for her, she doesn't believe nor want to go anymore with me to church. I can accept this however I'm not sure if I want to make a life with this woman now. Has anyone here dealt with anything similar? Is it wrong of me to want to leave her because our faiths do not mesh? Obviously I am leaning towards leaving her now otherwise I wouldn't be asking about this, however I'm just not sure. I've prayed, worried myself sick that if I leave I might be making a mistake, just not getting any answers.

Thanks for reading,
Matt
Life is short. It is zipping by for me. You should be seeking to live this short life in a way that pleases God. It sets the tone for eternity for you, and His glory should be your objective anyway.

Why would you consider marrying an atheist? If you aren't going to marry an atheist, don't date one. I did not date a girl if she was just interested in maybe going to church back when I was young (with what little dating I did.) I just wasn't going to do that. She had to love Jesus. I wanted someone with similar beliefs.

You need someone compatible with you. You don't need a woman whose going to tell your kids that God is not real, undermining the work you do in their lives. You don't need to marry a woman who does not think it is a sin to divorce you if she gets bored. There is an epidemic of that sort of thing in western society.

presidente

May 29, 2013
I remember back when I was young and single going to this church to visit with this guy I grew up with. There was a new girl at church, a real looker. But she had this problem of waking up, going in the other room, and a demon threw her against the wall. Then she woke up. It had been a dream. She goes in the other room, and a demon threw her against the wall. She said it would happen over and over again.

I remember my thinking about this girl changed. She went into the 'needs to be ministered to' category and was definitely out of the romantic interest category for me. The other guy proposed to her, was engaged to her for a while. She strung him along, broke his heart, and dumped him. He fell into sin. He started cutting himself. He wasn't looking, but he'd made some kind of symbol. He'd been hanging out with witches during this time, too, and the girl wasn't the only bad influence in his life. From what he said, there was some kind of evil spirit in his room, sitting on his bed and bumping things around. He didn't see it. He told me this stuff about the demon in the room after I had a weird experience in his room.

My point is spiritual criteria over looks, personality, getting along, liking the same music styles, etc.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Life is short. It is zipping by for me. You should be seeking to live this short life in a way that pleases God. It sets the tone for eternity for you, and His glory should be your objective anyway.

Why would you consider marrying an atheist? If you aren't going to marry an atheist, don't date one. I did not date a girl if she was just interested in maybe going to church back when I was young (with what little dating I did.) I just wasn't going to do that. She had to love Jesus. I wanted someone with similar beliefs.

You need someone compatible with you. You don't need a woman whose going to tell your kids that God is not real, undermining the work you do in their lives. You don't need to marry a woman who does not think it is a sin to divorce you if she gets bored. There is an epidemic of that sort of thing in western society.
I'm guessing you missed the "guest" tag for Matt indicating hes not activated on the site.
And you missed the 2010 tag when the thread was started.
Or my post telling another user he was responding to an 8 year old thread.

presidente

May 29, 2013
I'm guessing you missed the "guest" tag for Matt indicating hes not activated on the site.
And you missed the 2010 tag when the thread was started.
Or my post telling another user he was responding to an 8 year old thread.
I just read the OP and did not see the date.