Girls! Boys!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mands

I think we call all agree that at times we find the opposite sex completely and utterly frustrating and confusing!!! So, girls and guys, if you had one question to ask the opposite sex, what would it be?

<3 XO

M

MusicalMe

hahaha, fun thread! I'll try to think of a question...

Dec 12, 2006
Why do girls continually stay in a relationships when all it does is suck the life out of them and is just making things worse?

M

MusicalMe

Why do girls continually stay in a relationships when all it does is suck the life out of them and is just making things worse?
I would answer this for you if I knew. I myself have no problem getting out of a bad relationship. But the same works for guys - guys will date a hot girl who treats them horribly. I get that all guys want a hot girlfriend, but at the expense of decent treatment?

Dec 12, 2006
I would answer this for you if I knew. I myself have no problem getting out of a bad relationship. But the same works for guys - guys will date a hot girl who treats them horribly. I get that all guys want a hot girlfriend, but at the expense of decent treatment?
Ha ha yeah that is true. I think the answer is people are stupid. They long so much for love and effection girls needing touch and affection and guys needing physical site that they are willing to give up standards and follow their heart no matter how deceiving it is.

Now as for me I perfer a woman that has a heart to serve God and doesn't care what others think she is sold out for Jesus. It just so happens that beauty is an added bonus. Also if you love someone they become beautiful to your eyes!

M

Mands

They are probably afraid of hurting you...or being alone. Or both. Or nothing like that at all and its something else completely alien!!

<3

Dec 12, 2006
That's why I don't believe that there is ONE specific person out there for me. I know if I am following God with my full heart he will bring someone into my life and he will allow the relationship and love to happen.

M

Mands

That's why I don't believe that there is ONE specific person out there for me. I know if I am following God with my full heart he will bring someone into my life and he will allow the relationship and love to happen.
in a way, i agree :)

M

mimi09

My opinion: maybe because they think they can't do better than what they already have...or maybe they think that someday they'll be able to FIX the problem...some women like to fix things...especially men

Hope I helped a bit!:)

G

Golfaholic30

I would ask girls why they turn down strong Christian guys, then end up dating guys who's faith is average at best.

S

SamIam

I would ask girls why they turn down strong Christian guys, then end up dating guys who's faith is average at best.

you gotta ask yourself this though...... what is that guys whose faith is lacking doing better than the one whose is so much better........ i would rather date someone whose faith wasnt very strong.. but was so nice, really geniune you know.. all that crap... than a strong christian whose a complete dweeb and isnt nice and is always shoving religion down your throat

M

MusicalMe

you gotta ask yourself this though...... what is that guys whose faith is lacking doing better than the one whose is so much better........ i would rather date someone whose faith wasnt very strong.. but was so nice, really geniune you know.. all that crap... than a strong christian whose a complete dweeb and isnt nice and is always shoving religion down your throat
I agree, Sam. Most of the strong Christian guys I've met have absolutely no sense of humor, and I have to have humor in my life or I'll shrivel up and die (I'm pretty sure... I've never actually checked)

L

Lifelike

I think part of it is because even though there is a lot of bad stuff going on, they suffer through it because the connection they have will bring much more pain if broken. Soul ties are a very strong union, and when they are built or based on great needs there is terrible pain and grief when they are broken and the enormity of those needs are felt again. Basically the way a negative soul tie works is we have needs deep in our hearts that need satisfying and usaually, on a subconscious level, we become attracted to people that we feel can fill those needs and bring us comfort. When we become connected with this person and and begin to give ourselves to them more and more, the soul ties become stronger and more solid. Problem is once we feel confident that the person is not going to leave us, we begin to pick at the things in them and the things they do that we dont like about them, or out of rejection start to blame them for the things that have been done to us in the past eg - if you have been let down by men, abused or cheated on it effects your self esteem and it can get to the point that when you are with someone later in life your insecurities can rise and your fear that the person will do the same, because your low self esteem tells you that you deserve it, and you start to expect him to do it and get paranoid, start checking on him, etc. (this is an extreme example). Now the problem is that you have this need based connection that has met a deep need in your heart, but there has arisen a whole lot of issues that cause a lot of conflict and stress and grief in the relationship. To leave is MUCH more painful and daunting than it is to stay and suffer - until it gets to the point that you cant STAND it any more and just HAVE to leave. This is also why so many people leave relationships hating the person that they once "loved"... The answer is to make sure your foundation is Christ, and that He meets your deepest needs, and then build a relationship with someone on that foundation - not on the grounds of having your needs met, which is really just selfishness, not Love.

G

Golfaholic30

Who says you have to shove religion down someone's throat to be a strong Christian?

G

Golfaholic30

I also forgot to mention.. Between those to options, I would choose neither. I don't want someone who's Christian faith isn't very strong... But at the same time, I don't want a "strong" Chrsitian girl who shoves religion down peoples' throats and has the sense of humor of a tree stump.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
I guess bottom line it comes down to attraction. AND..I don't just mean physical attraction either.

To me, I have to be attracted to their heart and intelect.....if I am not, then I do not care how physically attractive you are in societies eyes.

I think it also may be in the environment the person is seeing you in. If they only see you in one environment then they may have difficulty seeing other facets of you (even though they might be there all along)

Don't always think it is because of you. I think some people are just *one-dimentional*. They can't think beyond what is placed in front of them at the moment.

Just my thoughts.

S

SamIam

Who says you have to shove religion down someone's throat to be a strong Christian?

no no im not saying that.... i was just comparing the two..... probably shoulda worded it differently