Give me 3 solid online Pastors to follow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
This is another very good church that I would attend if they.were in my area.
They've been through a lot of persecution and have grown stronger for it. The pastor is very interesting and invests a lot of time into the word to feed his church. Bruce Mejia would be one of my first choices.

All my choices teach that everlasting life lasts forever and that salvation is not by our works. Jesus is our only Savior and we add nothing to what He accomplished on our behalf to pay for all sins. I would strongly beware of anyone who is not strong on the doctrines of salvation and God's Word. A preacher may be entertaining, but if he isn't strong on those teachings, he will undermine your faith. I wasted time with some like that who I will not mention. The men I linked to should all be good at providing teaching to strengthen and keep you well fed.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
rick warren? are you sure?
lester sumrall, curry blake, david hernandez

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
1) Rick Warren

need two more...
Rick, huh? Bit of a red flag for me. Any who, what are you looking for, more specifically? An expositor? Someone to tell you what to believe? A life coach? Pastors and teachers online fall into all manner of categories. I listen to quite a few, those who are presented on kari55.com, which is a radio station but also online 24/7/365, though weekend evenings have foreign language content, and Saturday day spots are interspersed with health-related infomercials. Program lengths vary, from being a minute or so long, to being an hour long. I have always like Dr John Neufeld of Back to the Bible Canada. Kari recently added Steve Gregg's The Narrow Path and I really really like his format of fielding phone-in questions which he answers sometimes at length, giving multiple views and the reasons why people believe as they do (relevant verses). I appreciate his knowledge and understanding. He has tons of archives, too, but I did find that listening to too much of any one person all at once is too much for me, too many errors or differences in thinking get highlighted that way, and I prefer listening to a variety of teachers spread out over time, as opposed to focusing on one person's teaching. The bolded text is links to the sites mentioned.

jacko

Sep 2, 2024
what's wrong with Rick Warren?

Billyd

May 8, 2014
When we can't go to church, we watch Charles Stanley.

jacko

Sep 2, 2024
Rick, huh? Bit of a red flag for me. Any who, what are you looking for, more specifically? An expositor? Someone to tell you what to believe? A life coach? Pastors and teachers online fall into all manner of categories. I listen to quite a few, those who are presented on kari55.com, which is a radio station but also online 24/7/365, though weekend evenings have foreign language content, and Saturday day spots are interspersed with health-related infomercials. Program lengths vary, from being a minute or so long, to being an hour long. I have always like Dr John Neufeld of Back to the Bible Canada. Kari recently added Steve Gregg's The Narrow Path and I really really like his format of fielding phone-in questions which he answers sometimes at length, giving multiple views and the reasons why people believe as they do (relevant verses). I appreciate his knowledge and understanding. He has tons of archives, too, but I did find that listening to too much of any one person all at once is too much for me, too many errors or differences in thinking get highlighted that way, and I prefer listening to a variety of teachers spread out over time, as opposed to focusing on one person's teaching. The bolded text is links to the sites mentioned.

Like I'm trying to find a pastor online who I can relate with and who provides guidance to real life issues. Like I've read his book the Purpose Driven Life and thought it was pretty good.

I love my church pastor too, but more resources the better.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Like I'm trying to find a pastor online who I can relate with and who provides guidance to real life issues. Like I've read his book the Purpose Driven Life and thought it was pretty good.

I love my church pastor too, but more resources the better.
I like Alistair Begg and Philip De Courcy and Sinclair Ferguson. Another good preacher is Al Martin.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Alistair Begg I hear on my morning drive sometimes he’s on the radio.
I have listen to Begg a number of times. Gave him an honest audition.
Frankly I learned little to nothing. Often times it felt like I was going in reverse.
Same goes with Charles Stanley....but he was even more hopeless.
I listened to a ton of J Vernon McGee waaaay back in the day. Slim pickings but sincere.

But Chronister? I have never learn more from any single person in my entire life.
Everybody else seems bush league to me now.

jacko

Sep 2, 2024
OK, I have been watching some of the Billy Graham vids on Youtube shorts. WOW is all I can say.
I really like this 15 second format.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
what's wrong with Rick Warren?
I was once dating a woman that got heavily into Joel Osteen (yes theres a point here), she finally convinced me to watch one of his sermons. Within five minutes I was completely turned off and couldn't finish. Something didn't feel right. I have him some more tries, at her request, but always felt the same. And as I heard more I started picking up on problems I had with what he was teaching. I pointed them out to her and she started swaying, but remained unconvinced.
Well, if you kniw anything about him you know how shady he turned out to be and his teachings were questionable at best.
But before I knew what he taught I knew something wasn't right. I have a nose for this stuff. Maybe discernment?
Did the same the first time I heard someone start spewing word of faith at me. I questioned my youth pastor on what they said, I was a teen, and he told me about it and how bad it was. I knew something was off, even if i didn't know anything about wof at the time.

That leads us to Warren. When he first came out with his book, my gf once again urged me towards him and the book. At first it seemed legit and I admit I got caught up in the excitement. We found a group that got together just for the purpose of going through the book together.
As I got deeper into the book I began getting that feeling again. It wasn't long before I quit going and gave up the book.
My gf, once again, wasn't so sure and went to his church services a few times. This is when she got turned off from him completely.
I don't recall everything she spoke on about it, but she did say that he would stop Mid Sermon and bring someone up from one of his support groups to tell their testimony and push for people to join. He did this every week she went.
And the book was such a craze. That group I went to for the book reading, Only got together for the book. They had not gotten together before that. Not for bible studies even. And lots of that was going around.
Then there was his questionable stance around Muslims. Some felt his dealings with Muslims was a bad sign, and some said he was pushing for combining the two.
He, of course, denied such things, eventually everything passed. Then it came up again. This time he made very clear statements about his original intentions and goals, as well as his stand on core central beliefs.
Honestly it all made sense to me and seemed he was attempting something good, with the right motives, but I did question that it took him years to make those statements.
He was also on good terms with some celebs who did not claim to be Christian, which made people suspicious of him as well.

It's been forever since I've looked at the book or listened to him, but there is enough there for me to continue staying away. First and foremost was that same feeling I got about Osteen. And others.

Kroogz

Dec 5, 2023
I have listen to Begg a number of times. Gave him an honest audition.
Frankly I learned little to nothing. Often times it felt like I was going in reverse.
Same goes with Charles Stanley....but he was even more hopeless.
I listened to a ton of J Vernon McGee waaaay back in the day. Slim pickings but sincere.

But Chronister? I have never learn more from any single person in my entire life.
Everybody else seems bush league to me now.
The more I hear from him, the more I like him. Our pastor was a lot like him. Pastor Robert Mclaughlin. He passed recently. I learned more from him in one study than I did in ten years at our local church.

I listened to Chuck Smith for many years. Then I found Pastor Bob.......The milk then the meat IMO. Honestly, I can hardly stand to listen to any of the "known" folk anymore. The pastors with the meat and advanced doctrine will NOT be promoted in this world.

jacko

Sep 2, 2024
someone recommended Derek Prince, so I'm gonna check him out.
Chuck Smith is an oldie but goodie. I use to listen to him during my first stint with the Lord like 25 years+ ago.