give me some incoragement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

linda2

is there anyone that can give me some words of wisdom concerning this situation?
my husband and i have been married for 19 yrs. and have four children, one of which is my step daughter from an affair he had 7 yrs ago. i stayed on him to keep in touch with his daughter because i knew her mother was not living a good life. we eventualy got joint custody 2 yrs ago and my husband is the conservative parent. i love her very much and only want the best for her, her mother also has three other children that were placed in homes by cps, for abandament and neglect. about 2 months ago. we arranged to have supervised visitations at our house. one hr once a week. yestereday she came for her visit and it got ugly and she hit my husband. my husband filed charges on her. he is so upset that nothing is going to happent her. the visitations aren no more, because i called our lawyer this morning. and she said she lost her visits. are there any prophets out there? help

M

mcap

I'm not sure if I can help,except the offering of prayer.It sounds like there are alot of under-lying issues,I don't want to speculate on what is and what isn't.Is there any love between dad and daughter?Where is the animosity coming from?Until family members get to the issues of why things are the way they are,there can be no reconciliation.If dad wants any part of his child's life,he needs to make the first move. God bless

L

linda2

thanks for the reply. yes my husband loves his daughter. she is 6 years old now and this battle has been going on since the child was 2. when we got dna test and went to court to get things in order. ever since then the mother has had one battle over another in her life. it got to the point when the child was with us alot. so thats when we went back to court to get custody. we would like full custody. but that is somthing that God has not brought into play yet. eventually we would like that. we also want to change her last name to my husband. that is somthing the mother said she would never give him. this is somthing that only God can place in order. I pray each day for order and peace in my family.

F

faith79

I pray for peace for you too in this situation.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Your family is in my prayers. Im not sure what the future will hold for all of you but from my experiance and what I have learned over the years is the priority is the love and security of this little girl. What passes between you, your husband and the girls mother should be kept between you as adults. Often people make the mistake of placing the child in the mix when times get rough and my hubby and I have seen so many sad outcomes because of this. The best thing is to protect the child but advice from a family counseler would be a good step. I will keep all of you in my prayers including the mother. God bless , pickles