Given the Words to Say

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

"
On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
—Matthew 10:18-20

I am not a very verbal person. If I am going to say something, I always think it and weigh the words first. Many times, I prefer to say nothing at all. Honestly that awkward silence between two people does not feel awkward to me, but I sense it does to others. Whenever I plan to meet with someone, I usually pray for God to give me the words to say—encouraging words, words that will touch them, words that will bring them closer to God. I know He can do this because God has made words fall from my mouth that I had no foreknowledge of. It is quite amazing.

Every time I read this verse, it takes me back to a missions trip I went on to Russia back in the late 90s. I was brought before a large crowd of people, and God gave me the exact words to say during my testimony. I spoke words I did not even know about myself—like that I concluded God wasn't there because my biological dad was not around much. (We lived out of state from him.) I went on to say how I had heard a voice when I was home alone. It said, "God is real, and the Bible is truth." (It was a bit scary because there was talk of us being arrested for performing a little skit in a park without a permit. They were very suspicious of us because we were doing good things like handing out free drinks, giving free light bulbs, and cleaning parks.) The Lord kept us safe from harm.