Giving Your Will to Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CayGord

Can someone direct me to a reading that I can read on surrender to Jesus Christ?

J

ji

Is it biblical or someone's testimony you need?

C

CayGord

Biblical. A passage reading if possible.

Jan 6, 2014
Matthew 11:28-30

Christ be with you always.

M

MattPeter

John 3:16 is a powerful verse. You should start by reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as they give testament's to the death of Jesus- who paid the ultimate price for our sins. The cost of sin is death, however, God sent his only Son to die for us so that we are able to have everlasting life.
I became saved, because that's what I was taught, but also, it's amazing how God send his Son to die for US!! His love for us is perfect and divine. Also, knowing that Our Christ Savior has a plan for all of us gives me great comfort, and therefore, I fear no evil.

I will pray for you and give thanks to God that he has worked to bring you to him. God hasn't gone anywhere and knows what is in your heart, he's listening and waiting for you with open arms.

J

ji

Can someone direct me to a reading that I can read on surrender to Jesus Christ?
Since you are a new comer to Jesus i would recommend you to see Passion of Christ.Neglect the last resurrected Christ part as i find it not so biblical.i recommend you to watch the rest of the movie because it is important for you to realize the fall and pain Jesus took for Redeeming us.In the Pain He suffered He didn't complain other than crying out "God why have you forsaken me?" because of the agony and loneliness He went through.It was all for us.He took our place and punishment.

Apart from that what Vernon mentioned is good enough.
But you must read the Gospels(Mathew,Mark,Luke,John) to get a clear picture.

i suggest you attend a local Christian Fellowship where they teach and worship only Jesus as God,none else...

If you want to realize more in depth through a conversation am available or there might be others available to help you with that.
Just go to Bible Study chat here,ask help there..
if none helps message me.i will guide you...:)

But be aware of all this points:

.They are Preaching only Jesus as Savior.
.Give importance to Salvation in Jesus.
.Need for Water Baptism-'Born again' experience.
(Real Born again experience will come to you from God in time,its in God's hands-always be aware of that)

.Importance in Anointing of Holy Spirit.
.Continuing the walk in Jesus till the Day of your Perfection.

God Bless:)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
[h=3]2 Corinthians 10:1-7[/h]Living Bible (TLB)

10 I plead with you—yes, I, Paul—and I plead gently, as Christ himself would do. Yet some of you are saying, “Paul’s letters are bold enough when he is far away, but when he gets here he will be afraid to raise his voice!”
[SUP]2 [/SUP]I hope I won’t need to show you when I come how harsh and rough I can be. I don’t want to carry out my present plans against some of you who seem to think my deeds and words are merely those of an ordinary man. [SUP]3 [/SUP]It is true that I am an ordinary, weak human being, but I don’t use human plans and methods to win my battles. [SUP]4 [/SUP]I use God’s mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil’s strongholds. [SUP]5 [/SUP]These weapons can break down every proud argument against God and every wall that can be built to keep men from finding him. With these weapons I can capture rebels and bring them back to God and change them into men whose hearts’ desire is obedience to Christ. [SUP]6 [/SUP]I will use these weapons against every rebel who remains after I have first used them on you yourselves and you surrender to Christ.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]The trouble with you is that you look at me and I seem weak and powerless, but you don’t look beneath the surface. Yet if anyone can claim the power and authority of Christ, I certainly can.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
John 1:6-7 God sent John the Baptist as a witness to the fact that Jesus Christ is the true Light.

John 1:17 For Moses gave us only the Law with its rigid demands and merciless justice, while Jesus Christ brought us loving forgiveness as well.
John 17:3 And this is the way to have eternal life—by knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth!
Acts 9:22 Paul became more and more fervent in his preaching, and the Damascus Jews couldn’t withstand his proofs that Jesus was indeed the Christ.
Acts 8:37 “You can,” Philip answered, “if you believe with all your heart.” And the eunuch replied, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”
Romans 3:21-22 But now God has shown us a different way to heaven—not by “being good enough” and trying to keep his laws, but by a new way (though not new, really, for the Scriptures told about it long ago). Now God says he will accept and acquit us—declare us “not guilty”—if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like.
Romans 3:24 yet now God declares us “not guilty” of offending him if we trust in Jesus Christ, who in his kindness freely takes away our sins.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Romans 6:10 He died once for all to end sin’s power, but now he lives forever in unbroken fellowship with God.
Romans 10:5 For Moses wrote that if a person could be perfectly good and hold out against temptation all his life and never sin once, only then could he be pardoned and saved.
Hebrews 9:12 and once for all took blood into that inner room, the Holy of Holies, and sprinkled it on the mercy seat; but it was not the blood of goats and calves. No, he took his own blood, and with it he, by himself, made sure of our eternal salvation.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
[h=3]Matthew 11:28[/h]King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.