Gluttony

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

I want to tell you about something that happened one day first. I was at a restaurant and we were waiting on food. This place serves you a lot of food, but I was not hungry that day, I was thinking about the Lord. And as I sat, waiting for the food, I began to just think about the Lord's table. And looking up I was daydreaming about the Lord's table. And at his table, he was at the head of the table, and there was all sorts of food laid out for us to eat (I was sitting at this table too). And there were certain people who were just stuffing their faces with food, as if they had never eaten before. I mean they were just slamming their faces with it. And drinking like drunks. But I wasn't hungry. And I thought to myself at the table:

"I have had enough to eat on the earth, and I have had enough to drink on the earth. It is enough for me to sit in the presence of the Lord."

I was just content in sitting within his presence, not so much as being able to eat at his table, which is an honor too. And now it even makes me think about that feast. Anyhow...

A person who is a glutton is a person who is not satisfied in Jesus alone. They are not satisfied to be in his presence, so they keep stuffing themselves like pigs. Pigs eat whatever. They are like animals being fattened for slaughter. This is more sad than anything. They are not content in the food of the Lord, and in his drink, so they fatten their flesh. It is sad, gluttons will not enter into Life. No one who is satisfied in the flesh will have Life. The food the gives life is the bread God offered, and the drink that makes one's thirst go away is the blood that was poured out.

I am satisfied in Christ, and in his presence there is joy. I am full, and I hope for that overflowing, so that other people can eat of the Lord. Yes! Even the crumbs that fall from the Lord's table, the dogs eat. Why should dogs get fed more than the children of the kingdom? Yes! Many shall come from all over to sit and eat with Abraham Isaac and Jacob, but the children of the kingdom will be cast into outer darkness, There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Be filled with Jesus Christ, and you will not lack. May Jesus bless you and keep you.