goats meat? :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 21, 2013
so I just went to a farmer's market for the first time today. I've shopped whole foods and central market for a while but this was my first community experience and I LOVED IT! Some friends of mine came over and we cooked goats meat.. it was made into a spaghetti sauce with lots of yummy veggies and then we made some veggies on the side.... For the "noodles" we used spaghetti squash. I can't put my finger on it... so I'm wondering if it's the goat's meat.... but I AM FULL. Like, I mean, I ate a small amount... not even sure if it would qualify as a serving and I would usually eat MUCH MORE.... but I have NO DESIRE FOR FOOD... the meal was delicious... I"m just wondering if there is something about goats meat that would cause this? I've never had it before... may make it a part of my regular diet if that is the case lol.

Mar 21, 2011
Um, what it sounds like is that you have a low carb (Atkins style) meal.

For those of us living the low carb lifestyle, spag squash as spaghetti is a well known substitute for carbs in pasta. The reason you don't have desire to eat more, is because the main energy source of the mean was fat and protein. So you released less insulin, thus less hunger.

respekt

Mar 5, 2013
goat's meat is good for "B" blood type :)

I

isaria

Would like to try goats meat one day.
In scandinavia it is very common to eat goats cheese and goats butter which is golden yellow they call it messmor.

Would have been nice to try elc when one was there also as many spoke of it being delicious.

Good for you that you tried something new and wonderful.
Ofcourse it may depend as different chicken taste different also depending on circumstances .
I have found a cafe that makes roll with beautiful tender chicken in it.
Very nice.
Such a joy to eat.
My aptite has come into explosions last few days of all it wills to eat and not always because of hunger.

Now am thinking of christmas time and am wanting to participate in craft, christmas cooking and baking and of course carols and gospel and church.

Thank you for sharing your experience with goats meat.
I think it may be intense?
The cheese and butter is intense and taste really nice but in small doses and not to often (on my part).

May 15, 2013
Goat meat is very good and also lamb, but I make sure that it hasn't has been Genetically Modified or Genetically engineered, and which a lot of that has been going around. But a good diet makes a person very healthy in it original form (which God had made it). I've believe that the people of the Old testament were very healthy and very youthful because they had ate the way God has told them to eat.

Genesis 20:2
and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She is my sister.” Then Abimelek king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.

Genesis 26:7
When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” because he was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful.”

<em><strong>[video=youtube_share;-GDmcAU7U4Y]http://youtu.be/-GDmcAU7U4Y[/video]

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
This is interesting, I have never had goats meat, even though it is very available whereI live.
How close is goats meat to lamb? As the simple small of lamb makes me want to faint, never understood why, but cannot be any where near lamb when its being cooked.

I thought Id add that I have started substituting shredded cabbage for rice, it is really good with stirfry , even fish. :)

God bless
pickles

W

wwjd_kilden

Blood type and diet is in no way linked. Blood types only refer to antigens / antibodies , that is protein types in your blood :) Clever marketer people invented that concept

Hmm, I've had goat cheese and goat milk, but never goat meat.

D

danschance

I have had goat meat a few times and like it. I have had it in a Korean stew. It has a good taste but the meat can be a bit stringy. It tends to be lean and a good substitute for beef. Buffalo (American bison) is another meat that is leaner than beef, and tastes very similar.

Lamb, I simply do not like. It has a taste I simply do not like and mutton I just plain hate.

Jul 21, 2013
yah, it was pretty close to beef just a lot less fat... I really liked it and i've used it a few times in stir fry since... it picks up the flavor really well of whatever you cook it in too. yum!

I had lamb once in australia... remember thinking it was greasy and not being such a big fan of it... but then it's suppose to be more lean than beef... so it could of been how it was cooked.

O

overcomer2

you all have probably had goat meat and didn't realize it. PaPa John's Pizza uses the meat in Pepperoni. I sell Boar meat goats. In my circles when its time to sell everyone says, "time to get goats to market for PaPa John's". Cha Cha will tell you no they don't but answers.com confirm it.