God by Any Other Name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lukeabers

Dec 6, 2018
There is only ONE PATH to God in my opinion........oh, wait, and in His opinion

John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7) If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

As for the other, the first several comments read as if the debate is about God being just one person, or three persons in one.......well, to me anyhow........

As for the Jews who still hold to their Religion from the First Covenant, it is an interesting subject to discuss, but too many folks get far too upset sometimes during such discussions.

Still, Christ Himself made it abundantly clear as to how many paths lead to heaven/eternal life.

Well, in my opinion only.........others are free to believe as they feel led to believe.......it is their God given right.
God doesn't have opinions. There is only one way to salvation. Though, flavor depends on the participant.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Lol...you must have me confused with someone else, Quixote.

I would never curse God...at least not for long without apologizing. And, I do not say that lightly. I have spent a considerable amount of time determining whether or not God was worth following. Once you find that God exists, that isn't enough, you have to believe that God actually loves you...is desiring the best for you...otherwise, the relationship just does not work.

I could follow man (myself included)...man is faulty, inept, lazy, greedy...fallen. Not the best choice for top dog. I could follow satan, destroy all that I can in my meager lifetime...but, really, what is the point in that? Might as well serve myself if failure is to be the goal. So, indeed, I am left believing in God because, He is the best game in town. It gets deeper than that but good enough for a quick post.
Well? Good then! Then, these "egregious acts that are being overlooked ", concerning Israel's "God GIVEN right" to exist, as a nation, and a people, from those who will not acknowledge this? And, on the contrary, are striving in their ERRADICATION. Was just a "mis-speak."

When walking by faith? Things may not always appear right, in a man's eyes.

Trust God! He IS in control! Even though, and especially these days? It doesn't appear He is! ;)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you want to hold Elohim as being plural, then how do you do it so as not to offend God, who in the first commandment says HE is the Lord thy God? We would have to give it a different meaning.
The fact is that Elohim is indeed the plural form of El or Eloah. Whether unbelieving Jews accept this as indicative of the Trinity does not matter. The fact that they reject Christ and His deity means that they are separated from the one true God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So why would God be offended if we see the triune Godhead in Elohim? He would be more offended if we reject the doctrine of the Trinity, since Christ stated it plainly in Matthew 28:19.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Apr 15, 2017
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Isa 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The Bible only attributes the Father as God.

One God who is a Holy Spirit, and that is why the Spirit moved in creation(Genesis 1:2), and Jesus was conceived by the Spirit(Matthew 1:20), and the Spirit dwells in the saints(John 14:26;Romans 8:9), and Father is a title for God, and the Son is the man Christ Jesus(Matthew 1:20-21)(, which He was made according to the flesh(Romans 1:,3-4), and made of a woman, made under the law(Galatians 4:4).

Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God, for He is the first plan God had before He started creation, who is the Word of God.

In the beginning was the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and that plan was with God before He laid down the foundation of the earth, and that plan was God manifest in the flesh.

All things were made with the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and without that plan God would of not created anything He created, for Jesus is the reason creation is successful, eternal life, and judging people and the angels.

I believe there is one God, and Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, are not 3 persons of a trinity, but the 3 ways God has a relationship with His children designated by titles.

Father- parent of the saints.

Son- God's visible relationship to the saints, and in visible activity.

Holy Spirit- God's invisible relationship to the saints, and in invisible activity.

But the same God with no distinction of persons, and Jesus created all things, came in flesh, and dwells in the saints.

The name Jesus.

The Father said He would reveal a new name to the Jews, and speak to them(Isaiah 52:5-6).

Jesus said He came in His Father's name(John 5:43).

The Son shall be called the everlasting Father(Isaiah 9:6-7).

The prophet Agur asked the question, what is His name, and what is His Son's name if you can tell, meaning they would both share the same name(Proverbs 30:4).

Jesus told Philip if he has seen Him, he has seen the Father, and the words He speaks are not His own, but the Father that dwells in Him, He does the works(John 14:7-10).

The name of the Father is Jesus.

The Son inherited the name from the Father(Hebrews 1:4).

The Holy Spirit comes in the name of Jesus(John 14:26).

Jews(Acts 2:38), Samaritans(Acts 8:14-17), and Gentiles(Acts 19:1-5), were all baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Jesus at the right had of God.

David said, the LORD said unto my Lord, sit at My right hand until I make your enemies your footstool(Psalm 110:1).

For the Son must reign until His enemies are conquered, and when they are conquered then the Son shall submit to God the Father that God may be all in all(1 Corinthians 15:24-28).

Jesus is at the right hand of God(Psalms 110:1;Romans 8:34).

Jesus said all power is given to Me in heaven and earth(Matthew 28:18).

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus(2 Timothy 2:5).

Jesus is God manifest in flesh(1 Timothy 3:16).

God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony(2 Corinthians 5:18-19).

There is one throne in heaven, and one who sits on that throne(Revelation 4:2), which is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus(Revelation 22:3-4).

Only a sinless man can reconcile the world unto God, but no man is sinless so God manifest Himself in flesh as the Savior of the world, and reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony.

Since the man Christ Jesus is the Savior, and Mediator, God exalted the man Christ Jesus to be at His right hand, exercise the throne of power, until His enemies are conquered, and when His enemies are conquered, then there is no need for the Son to exercise the throne of power, and the Son shall submit to God, stop being at the right hand, stop exercising the throne of power, that God may be all in all.

God is ruling through the man Christ Jesus for the sake of the saints.

The only person we will see in heaven is Jesus, and if you have seen Him you have seen the Father.

Let us make man in our image.

Adam was created in the image of God(Genesis 1:26).

Adam was made in the figure of Him to come, Jesus(Romans 5:14).

The image of God is the image of Christ.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

God had the plan to come in the future in flesh, and created Adam in that image, which the image of God is the image of Christ.

So the let us make man in our image has to include the man Christ Jesus, for He is part of that image.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

I believe there is only one God with no distinction of persons, and Jehovah was His name in the Old Testament, which represents physical deliverance, and Jesus in the New Testament, which represents spiritual deliverance.

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
El is singular
Elohim is plural
Jesus said on the cross, Eli, and with this suffix, i, it is the first person singular possessive.
Elohanue, has the suffix for the first person plural possessive.
No man "coined the term, it was the language of the time before and present of Abram

Scholars may twist it any way they wish, but the grammar rules are know and the application is squite obvious.

Elohim said, come let us make man in our image………..He is not sepaking of flesh, He is speaking of the soul.

If you wish to beleive otherwise that is your prerogative but all too many men of the Holy Spirit know this by the Spirit, not by science of a universe bound to decay…….that science goes when it goes for it is temporal, not eternal.
Mark 15:34 Aram
GRK: φωνῇ μεγάλῃ Ἐλωί ἐλωί λεμα
NAS: voice, ELOI, ELOI,
KJV: voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama
INT: with a voice loud Eloi Eloi lama

Strong's Concordance

elói: my God
Original Word: ἐλωΐ
Part of Speech: Aramaic Transliterated Word (Indeclinable)
Transliteration: elói
Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-ee')
Definition: my God
Usage: (Aramaic), my God.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
If you think those times were bad, wait a while…..(I know you know,) God bless you.
Interestingly we're already seeing the late 20th and early 21st century time of Sodom and Gomorrah resurrected.

NOAH, SODOM AND TODAY
10th January 2017
Roger Meyer (guest columnist)
Features an Audio reading of this article. And an Mp3 download is available too.

"In the Bible, in the part known to many as the Old Testament, the ancient patriarch Noah is famous for building the ark to save his family from a great flood that destroyed mankind. The ancient city of Sodom was dramatically destroyed for its wickedness. What do they have in common with today?"

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I like "Theos" meself.