God has a sense of humor

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Texas_Christian

I firmly believe that God has a sense of humor! I mean, just look at some of the animals he has created. Like the platypus, I mean come on, he'd have to have a sense of humor for that one. I'm willing to be that was the first prank pulled. God created the platypus and brought it to Adam and said "Hey, this needs a name." I could only imagine the look on Adam's face with that little critter looking up at him. That reason and since we are created in His image and we have a sense of humor. Can you imagine how life would be if there was no sense of humor? Yikes is all I have to say. I'd like to see how many people can think of something they have seen that as they think about it they can say to themselves "Yep, God definitely had a chuckle with that one." Who can rise to the challenge? lol

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

I firmly believe that God has a sense of humor! I mean, just look at some of the animals he has created. Like the platypus, I mean come on, he'd have to have a sense of humor for that one. I'm willing to be that was the first prank pulled. God created the platypus and brought it to Adam and said "Hey, this needs a name." I could only imagine the look on Adam's face with that little critter looking up at him. That reason and since we are created in His image and we have a sense of humor. Can you imagine how life would be if there was no sense of humor? Yikes is all I have to say. I'd like to see how many people can think of something they have seen that as they think about it they can say to themselves "Yep, God definitely had a chuckle with that one." Who can rise to the challenge? lol

Ive bein currious about that one also, but i think for the most part he gets a kick out of ignorant atheist that say all these things about how they dont know god..

G

glenwood74

Look at teenagers. The awkwardness, the hormone spikes, the physical changes. If that wasn't created by a Being with a sense of humor; they give the platypus a run for it's money.

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

Look at teenagers. The awkwardness, the hormone spikes, the physical changes. If that wasn't created by a Being with a sense of humor; they give the platypus a run for it's money.

Haha true that

A

asamanthinketh

why do you find humor in something that is normal, natural, a creation of God, that teenager but suffer some mental and emotional harm because you are laughing at them

life is not a joke

H

HumbleSaint

why do you find humor in something that is normal, natural, a creation of God, that teenager but suffer some mental and emotional harm because you are laughing at them

life is not a joke

amen to that

A

asamanthinketh

yeah, God has a great sense of humor when he inflicts torture and irritation on people at the hands of other human beings

i am 30 years old and unmarried and want nothing to do with the men that have been in my life up to this point, nor does GOD say i have to marry them

so i'm healing and enjoying being on here
but because others are nosy and can't stick to their own lives
it's ridicoulous how they forget how the Lord sustained them

GOD gave me the ability to type and what right do they have to take it away, NONE
just because they think MY life should go a certain way.

SORRY, NO
I WILL NOT BE AND DO WHAT SOME OTHER PERSON WANTS ME TO BE AND DO WHEN I FIND PURPOSE AND SOME HAPPINESS IN THIS

D

Demeter

Ive bein currious about that one also, but i think for the most part he gets a kick out of ignorant atheist that say all these things about how they dont know god..
why would god laugh at those who do not have faith? wouldnt he rather have them believe?

S

socperkins

I think yawning is pretty funny. One person does it, a whole room does it.

T

Texas_Christian

I'm not quite sure that teenagers agree with that part of their life as funny until they get beyond it. I would never have found that part of my life funny until I got to the age I am now. I think that they only way to stay sane in this life is to find a sense of humor. Sometimes laughter can save your sanity. That's why I started this thread, just for people to laugh and have a good time.

Jan 8, 2009

Yeah just look at how God made Americans too Bahaha that sure is one sense of humor.

M

Maddog

And the mechanics of sex. Clearly, God was plugging his desk lamp into the wall socket when he came up with that one.

And of course, the necessity of sexual attratction and procreation is made all the more funner by the fact that men and women really don't like each other.

W

wwjd_kilden

lol Maddog

and of course he has humor... why else would he make humans?
we believe we are smart, yet most our knowledge we only need because we created the need for it ourselves
we do stupid things all the time and think of them as normal
we do things we KNOW are bad for us, and we like then!
we are more occupied with life in space than saving the life on our own planet (or wait, that one is just sad)

all in all though, we are straaaaaaaaaaange creatures

L

lil-rush

The only time it is ever recorded in the Bible that God laughed is when He is laughing in derision at sinners. Psalm 2:4, Psalm 37:13, Psalm 59:8

Nothing God created is laughable. It is unique and worthy of our awe. You look at the platypus and laugh; I look at the platypus and stand in wonder of a God with such an awesome imagination that He could come up with something so amazingly unique. God can appreciate human humor, but that does not mean He created anything just to be funny.

There are so many things in this world that can be a source of amusement, and you have to resort to poking fun at God's creations?

T

Texas_Christian

I would just like to remind everyone that this is a place to be silly, none of the things said here are meant to be cruel or in bad taste. Life on this earth is hard enough, laughter is needed to lighten the load. Try to keep an open mind. That's why I created this forum.

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

why would god laugh at those who do not have faith? wouldnt he rather have them believe?
yeah! i pray for them every night, i was stating that they are ignorent to listen to others, i have met 1 athiest that is willing to listen

W

wwjd_kilden

The only time it is ever recorded in the Bible that God laughed is when He is laughing in derision at sinners. Psalm 2:4, Psalm 37:13, Psalm 59:8

Nothing God created is laughable. It is unique and worthy of our awe. You look at the platypus and laugh; I look at the platypus and stand in wonder of a God with such an awesome imagination that He could come up with something so amazingly unique. God can appreciate human humor, but that does not mean He created anything just to be funny.

There are so many things in this world that can be a source of amusement, and you have to resort to poking fun at God's creations?

then why did God give us a sense of humor?
most people don't laugh out of cruelty, but out of amusement.

I know why newborn animals stumble and fall down several times and walk shakily before they are able to walk properly, yet it's always funny to watch. Doesn't have to mean I am being cruel :)