GOD HEALS FOR A BROKEN HEART

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

foreveryours79

[FONT=&quot]God Heals For a Broken Heart[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the most painful emotional experiences is that of a "broken heart" whether it be from a severed relationship or the death of a loved one. Everyone has to deal with a broken heart at some point in life because we live in a
fallen world, and, as a result, we are constantly faced with shattered dreams, unexpected losses, and hurting relationships.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For ages, songwriters have tried to capture the heart-wrenching feelings that arise from these circumstances with lyrics like, "How I am supposed to live without you when all I've been living for is gone?" and "I 'll never get over you getting over me;" as well as "You've lost that loving feeling." Yet, these emotions are not articulated as clearly as we often wish they were. Often the pain is so deep, and so excruciating that we tend to repress and deny the anguish rather than handle it properly.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But God gives hope to all those who suffer from a broken heart by promising both His abiding presence and His overflowing peace. Psalm 34:18 says that the Lord "is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." In John 14:27 Jesus states, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you . . . Do not let your hearts be troubled."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Right now God can use you even in your heartache. In II Corinthians 1:3-4 Paul writes, "Praise be to God . . . the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." Sometimes the very reason pain has been allowed into our lives is so that we can be more effective in our ministry to others.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Consider this: Can she who has never felt rejection and isolation understand the plight of a woman who battles depression and loneliness? Can he who has never lost a loved one empathize with a man who has just lost his father? Can she who has never known the pain of unrequited love minister to the teenager whose love interest has chosen someone else for a prom date?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God's purposes in allowing pain in our lives are multi-faceted. Not only does He teach us about His love and faithfulness amidst our times of sorrow, but after our grieving has ended, He gives us strength to offer words of edification to others who are experiencing similar trials. I Peter 5:9 says, " . . . Your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." Thus, we serve as both a support base and a hope for those who are walking through difficult situations proving that with God's help even seemingly insurmountable obstacles can be overcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are struggling with emotional pain, take comfort in the fact that God has your situation as well as you in the palm of His hands. He will not let you go, and He will not let you down. A final word of hope can be found in I Peter 5:10, "And the God of all grace, who called you . . . , after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, form, and steadfast." Take heart, the pain in you[/FONT]

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Very well said! ( it looks like your post was cut off)

God can use our pain and bring something good out of it....like being able to understand what someone else is going through and helping them; IF we turn to Him. That can be a big IF, and not easy to do in a world in love with the world.

Thank you for those comforting words!

F

foreveryours79

Thank you Lucy68 I was a broken heart for quite long time and praised and give thanks to God he mend my broken heart into wholehearted with his love..He wrap my Heart with his care and protections..It inspired me to share how He heals for a broken heart...Once again thnak you for nice comment well appreciated

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
He allows our hearts to be broken so He can put them back together...His way.

F

foreveryours79

I appreciate your thoughts Lucy thank you for additional learnings that you shared...A broken Heart it will not be forever broken if we allow God to stay and reigns His Kingdom in our hearts as we enthroned him to be our King.

C

ChefofLove

Hello Foreveryours79 you have a great post. I was touched this line after reading "[FONT=&quot]God gives hope to all those who suffer from a broken heart by promising both His abiding presence and His overflowing peace"[/FONT]This line awakes my heart from hopeless to revive my painful and aching heart. Thank you for for posting this you can reach out some broken hearts with effort and time to post a great words God Heals for a Broken Heart. I also like your post reply post that says "A broken Heart it will not be forever broken if we allow God to stay and reigns His Kingdom in our hearts as we enthroned him to be our King.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] I am blessed after reading your encouraging post for those who suffered from broken heart and stay quite in the dark corner of pain. Thank you and God bless you more with good thoughts of encouragement.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

F

foreveryours79

ChefofLove thank you for such a wonderful confession of healing touched of the words upon reading my post. He always abides you and guide you. Let Him stay in your heart and allow him to purify and edify so everything is revive and mended. He is our comforter and our listener. Once again thank you and God bless us all.

M

mymastertheking43

yes god will always look after our hearts remember he will never leave us nor for for sake us

M

mymastertheking43

GOD is LOVE HE will never leave us nor forsasake us when we are broken hearted

F

foreveryours79

Yes because of his genuine love he give himself for us to be whole again. As He mend our broken heart into a strong and brave heart that whatever hardships that we encounter we are always ready Because Christ Himself is always ready to carry us home into his loving heart.

F

foreveryours79

Thank you mymastertheking43 for the nice post :):heart::)

P

ProdigalSon

I like all of the posts in this thread and I think that they are very encouraging. I also like what i heard a preacher say once.." If you look outward you will be disappointed, if you look inward you will be depressed, but if you look Upward you will be delighted". That quote always reminded me of Psalms 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart". It is only when we delight in the Lord will we truly understand that the true desire of our heart is Him. We all have a Jesus shaped hole in our heart but we try to fill it with other people and things but they never fill that void because only Jesus can. Philippians 3 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, even though it doesn't deal with a broken heart, I really took comfort in these verses. "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus". Philippians 3:13-14

F

foreveryours79

Thank you Prodigalson for sharing and inspirational reply on my post i do appreciate your time to post your experienced with God in your life and i will say AMEN to your post Psalms 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart this always reminds me as well to be delighted in God even the heart aches strike anytime it want to strike. He always reach out and pick us up in the midst of our broken heart to mend and heal us with his powerful unconditional love for all of us.:):):)

B

BlueEyes38381

I just lost the love of my life on April 7, 2012. Its still fresh, it hurts at times and I'm tired of everyone telling me how strong I am because I'm not as strong as they may think I am. I'm having panic attacks, depression and have had to seek out a counselor who says that I am going through the grieving process. I have also been told that I may have PTSD. I miss having someone to talk to and I'm just at a loss as to what purpose God has for my life. David was my life. I'm struggling to maintain and do my job and at home, I seek seclusion of my room as there are too many reminders of David otherwise. I just need some people to talk to...to listen and talk with that will understand how I feel. I just feel alone....

C

cfultz3

Forever Yours,

Your pain, yet hope, is well articulated. Your sorrow, yet joy in Christ, so abound my soul flutters at the reminder of us being children of God, not to be grieved only, but grow so that Love may be known.

But please, do not leave us dangling. Will you finish your thoughts?

M

Merle

Hi BlueEyes, I lost my hubby 5yrs ago, if you'd like someone to chat to, you're welcome to inbox me.

F

foreveryours79

Hello cfultz3 thank you for the nice comments but my thoughts was ended on that part i don't know what to put on up hahahahaah your expereience will be the continuation of my post LOL.

F

foreveryours79

thank you for sharing your experience blueeyes but im sorry to hear that i love to share this to you what God said on this message [FONT=&quot]

But God gives hope to all those who suffer from a broken heart by promising both His abiding presence and His overflowing peace. Psalm 34:18 says that the Lord "is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." In John 14:27 Jesus states, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you . . . Do not let your hearts be troubled."

I am glad you pass by and read my post and i appreciate your effort to share your time on posting your experience God bless you more with strength to move on towards His embraces of love and care...
[/FONT]

C

cfultz3

Hello cfultz3 thank you for the nice comments but my thoughts was ended on that part i don't know what to put on up hahahahaah your expereience will be the continuation of my post LOL.

But I am left dangling. :) :)

God bless