God is Able

  • Thread starter Thread starter toinena
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Guest
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (2 Cor 9:8)

Often I find myself failing my own standards. And sometimes I just don't care if I fail them. And I have a bunch of excuses. I work to hard. I am tired. I am disabled.

But sometimes. When by all meassures I should fail, I don't. Because I lean on God. I lean on the on that is able. He is my strength. He is my wisdom. He is my hope. He is my inspiration. He is my salvation.

I can go to teach a class. I have everything prepaired. The best power points ever! I find my self boasting. I am just an awsome teacher, and I know it. Filled with this great plan and self confidence I enter class. And nothing works. My students complain. They don't want to do the incredibly ingenious task I had made to them. They don't understand a thing of what I am saying. And everything is a chaos.

What happened? I was prepaired. I was confident. But i left God out, and I ended feeling like moron.

Sometime I come to class. Depressed. Unprepaired. Tired. Uninspired. Not the slightest idea on how I should pull this 4 hour hours session off. And I bow my head. I know I am a failure. I know I have failed my responsibility. I know I need God. Jesus. The Holy Spirit. The whole package. And the whole four hours are suddenly clear in my head. To the core of the curriculum. I am feeling enegized and positive. I have my confidence in the Lord. And the students thank me after the class. It was great. They had their ligthbulb moments.

I have so many examples where God reminds me I shouldn't leave Him out. Not at work, not at home, not with friends. And I find mysef able in him. The disability is somehow gone. I have the ability to do his will. Not of my own strength but in His.

And I think. What a blessing it is I am disabled. That I am a person the society would reject as non employable. Because that makes me draw closer to God. And in Him I am able.