God is awesome :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hannahrg

Ok, I got saved when I was 8. Being pretty young, I didnt really think there was anything more to it than just saying that I was a christian... When I was 13, I rededicated my life to christ, and got filled with the Holy spirit. Well, about 6 months later I started backsliding again. It seems like everytime i got close to god, it just wore off... I'm almost 16 now. I'd always been told that God had his hand on me, so i didnt really worry much about it. I kinda figured that everthing would work out ok. I hadn't been able to sleep lately, I keep waking up... it got really annoying. lol. Saturday night, around 5 in the morning, i still hadn't been able to get to sleep. i realized that I was doing somethings that I shouldnt be doing and started praying. I decided that I wasnt just gonna pray and then stop, I was gonna pray until I felt something. About 15 minutes later, i just started crying. I prayed for about a hour and a half. lol. I've felt God's presence before, but that was always in church, and it had been a really long time. I've never felt his presence like that anywhere besides church. Sunday, everything that the preacher said was something that I had prayed about. It's amazing, I've never really had anything like this happen before. And, ever since then, I've been getting to sleep no problem. i think god was just trying to get my attention. I'm trying to cut out anything that might make me backslide again... It's kinda hard though. lol. I'm trying to only listen to christian music, and to limit what I watch and what i do on the computer. But, i don't really care at this point. I think that was my problem before, i wanted to be a christian, but i want ready to give everything up. I'm ready now! I've been told ever since I was little that I have a calling to sing, but I've always been too afraid. Well, If that's what god wants, that's what I'm gonna do! I've also had alot of ideas for songs lately. It seems like everything I do, god is showing me something, weather it's telling me that I need to quit something, or showing me something in the bible, things are clicking now, and I can't seem to get enough! Anyway, i just wanted to say that God is awesome, and even when it seems like he's not there, he is. Even though I didnt feel like he could hear me, he never left me. I had left him... I didn't realize that until now because it had been such a slow process. As soon as I was ready to come back, he was right there waiting for me. So, instead of getting on some chat room where people are cussing and talking about all kinds of things, I decided to come talk to some other christians :)
So, what has God done in your life lately?

S

soccerboo

WOW God is truely amazing!, I am becoming stronger and growing in Him everyday, although for me i did seek to know more and grow in Him until the past few years although i was saved ever since a young age! I have been writting songs and singing them and reading daily devontional, but backsliding is dangerous and Gods the only one who gets us through it. We are to put God first in our lives and we have to ask the question is God really in us now? as we do we thank him and praise him and remeber that He is all important!!!!

S

susi

Yeah! Thank you for sharing that hannahrg! its really encouraging to see what God is doing in your life, shows us that we should never let go of God´s hand, and yeah we didnt find Him , He found us. HE is always waiting for us like a loving father. Like the parabel of the prodigal son.

Something similar is happening in my life too. Yeah and God is AWESOME. Opens our eyes, our hearts, shows us the TRUTH, the way, LIFE, real life , light, joy, real peace! Puts us on the right track, helps us grow each day.. He is worthy of being lifted us in praise!!!!

B

BeauBLESSED

That's so sweet! ^_^
Congratulations on all your efforts to stay with God. It's truly worthwhile.