God is good!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sarah_beth

My testimony isn't too exciting or involves a miracle or anything but it's pretty amazing to me. =) I was born and raised in church and I come from a mostly Christian family. My mom took my brothers and I to church, dad strayed away years ago and refuses to get back to the right path to God. I will continue to pray for him though until I see what I now can happen through God. Anyways, I was always lukewarm, just as the Bible says not to be. I wasn't on fire for God but at the same time I wasn't too far from Him. Until I was 15 when I met this guy. He was very influential to me because he was a few years old and into some pretty bad stuff. I never did drugs with him or anything but I did get into some bad stuff and began cussing every other word and not knowing if I believed in God or not. I even got it in my head that I didn't care if I went to Hell or not because that's where I was destined to be anyways. That went on for about a year and then I finally snapped out of it. It was like one day I was so low that I was reaching up to touch rock bottom and then through my tears God spoke to me. I broke up with my boyfriend and just doing that felt like a huge step. Then I slowly progressed to a better me. But all I was was just at rock bottom. That was 2 years ago. And for those two years I was so ashamed of God. So afraid for anybody to find out I was a Christian. I thought it was just awful, so embarrassing. And then last year I went to Aquire the Fire and it changed me forever. The part that I think changed me the most was this amazing hour long session of worship. The worship leaders couldn't get it to end because God was doing something great in that room. Ever since then, I worship God whole heartedly no matter who's around and I talk about Him and His greatness to anyone. I realized I was so wrong to be ashamed of the One who loved me through it all and who died such a tragic death for US, ME. Then He is so wonderful that he rose from it! How selfish was I to be ashamed of Him? Anyways, my testimony is that God pulled me through my worst time and brought me out even stronger. He is so wonderful and now I can proudly say I am on fire for Him! And I'm also happy I found this place because I like to communicate with fellow Christians and kind of have a support in that. =)

Dec 18, 2009
I like when you said,'' I am on Fire for Him'' . Thanks for Sharing. Praise The lord !

S

Sarah_D

He is so wonderful and now I can proudly say I am on fire for Him! And I'm also happy I found this place because I like to communicate with fellow Christians and kind of have a support in that. =)

Thanks for sharing, I loved reading your message.
Stay close to Jesus <3 He makes all things new xxx

W

wendy

hi ,sarah-d

my english is very poor.i do not understand the mean of the writings .

i want to learn english ,can you teach me ?

my msn is :[email protected]

if you like you can add me .i am glad to make friends with you .

please i am not a rascal person.

goog luck.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Awesome!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your testimony with us. Its amazing how God changes us from ashes to beauty! God bless you sis!

R

Rozzet2

Hi Sarah_beth,
I like to read ur story.I am Rose from Kenya.One thing I know is that we serve a living God.He created us with a purpose, and whenever the devil tries to lead us a stray, God is ready to show us the right path.He is a forgiving God, and when He forgives, he forgets.I am also one of those who have decided to be on Fire for Him.He is the reason I am living today, and nothing can make me abandon my God.
God bless you.

C

chel15

Your testimony was great, i know exactly what you are talking about i went through a relationship for about 2 years and found out that the guy i was with cheated on me 3 times and come to find out he was doing it because i would not give my self up to him. and then i found out later that he was smoking thing that he shouldn't have been smoking or doing .

S

Sarah_beth

Thanks guys! All these replies makes me feel so happy. Like I finally found a place where I can share this with other people who agree and it'll help me to grow even more in my faith. =)

Wendy: I would love to help you however I can. Just let me know what I can do.

S

Sarah_beth

Oh sorry, I just realized that statement from Wendy was for Sarah_D, not me. Hehe that's embarrassing, oops.

S

Sarah_D

hi ,sarah-d

my english is very poor.i do not understand the mean of the writings .

i want to learn english ,can you teach me ?

my msn is :[email protected]

if you like you can add me .i am glad to make friends with you .

please i am not a rascal person.

goog luck.
Hi Wendy ! Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for loving us sooo much !!!

Rascal is a funny term and I actually don't mind rascals, i find them endearing (have affection for them) :D
As long as they don't go too far.. :eek:

Well I don't know if I am much of a teacher lol, but people mention I could be a teacher - maybe it is a Gift of the Spirit from God ? Are you learning English in school ?
But we can add each other here and see how we get on ? Then go on to MSN or Skype.. Would that be ok with you Wendy ? I will send you a friend request :)

Enjoy a Glorious day with Jesus today Wendy.
&#39128;&#26580;&#22987;&#32456;&#22312;&#20027;

S

shekaniah

My testimony isn't too exciting or involves a miracle or anything but it's pretty amazing to me. =) I was born and raised in church and I come from a mostly Christian family. My mom took my brothers and I to church, dad strayed away years ago and refuses to get back to the right path to God. I will continue to pray for him though until I see what I now can happen through God. Anyways, I was always lukewarm, just as the Bible says not to be. I wasn't on fire for God but at the same time I wasn't too far from Him. Until I was 15 when I met this guy. He was very influential to me because he was a few years old and into some pretty bad stuff. I never did drugs with him or anything but I did get into some bad stuff and began cussing every other word and not knowing if I believed in God or not. I even got it in my head that I didn't care if I went to Hell or not because that's where I was destined to be anyways. That went on for about a year and then I finally snapped out of it. It was like one day I was so low that I was reaching up to touch rock bottom and then through my tears God spoke to me. I broke up with my boyfriend and just doing that felt like a huge step. Then I slowly progressed to a better me. But all I was was just at rock bottom. That was 2 years ago. And for those two years I was so ashamed of God. So afraid for anybody to find out I was a Christian. I thought it was just awful, so embarrassing. And then last year I went to Aquire the Fire and it changed me forever. The part that I think changed me the most was this amazing hour long session of worship. The worship leaders couldn't get it to end because God was doing something great in that room. Ever since then, I worship God whole heartedly no matter who's around and I talk about Him and His greatness to anyone. I realized I was so wrong to be ashamed of the One who loved me through it all and who died such a tragic death for US, ME. Then He is so wonderful that he rose from it! How selfish was I to be ashamed of Him? Anyways, my testimony is that God pulled me through my worst time and brought me out even stronger. He is so wonderful and now I can proudly say I am on fire for Him! And I'm also happy I found this place because I like to communicate with fellow Christians and kind of have a support in that. =)
I love your testamony!!! I think we all have been in a place like Peter...we are ashamed to talk about Christ...but isn't it freeing when you are so focused on Jesus...that He becomes a part of you...
and to not include Him... is like forgetting to bring your brain with you!

I hope that didn't come out silly...but that's how I feel!
God bless you!

S

Sarah_beth

Haha I love that metaphor Shekaniah!