God Is Incredible!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
So lately I've been handing over a couple of situations to God that I've been struggling to deal with. One of them being my father in law, who has been very difficult, rude and self righteous. He's strict and has a set way of living and pushes it on his sons and their families and he interferes in my relationship with my husband. I've never been rude to him in any way, I've actually been quite forgiving and I even welcomed him into our home even after he tried to break me and my husband up. He's very controlling and things have been worse since he found out I'm a Christian.

Since putting more of my trust in God by handing certain people over to him, I've really seen him work more in my life.

On Saturday night I was sleeping and was given a vision in my head. The vision was of my father in law screaming out to God for help. It looked as if he was in hell and was vulnerable, pleading, and crying out for God to help him. He was completely different to how I see him in the world, as he's always so strong and controlling. But, the vision really made me think and it made me feel really sorry for him. I think God was trying to tell me to see him as someone who didn't have God in his life, that without God he is helpless. So I should not worry about him, because God is in control and not my father in law. But ultimately the vision made me step away and see him in a different light. Now I feel sorry for him. Incredible that God would give me this vision.

There have been a lot of things happening lately. I asked God to guide me and to use me in the way he wishes to use me, to communicate to certain people and say the right words with what they might be experiencing at the time. He has been doing just that. God spoke to my husband through a movie last night. I picked this movie on netflix, out of thousands. God wanted us to watch it. It applied to my husband as well as me. There were messages in it. It initially came across as an ordinary movie, but started to quote scriptures in it that were relevant in our current situation and there was even a mention of marriage and being equally yoked. There was a scripture on Love, which is the scripture my husband has always remembered since 2 months ago and it came up in this movie. There was even a scene where a dying man is told how to ask for forgiveness and call on God. I know God was talking through this movie. My husband is obsessed with movies, so God probably saw this as a good way to reach him. Everyone is reached in different ways, depending on the person.

I was persecuted by my husband's parents last June. Since then, things have been revealed to certain family members that God wanted to be revealed. He was helping to clean up our messes and get rid of the sins that were there, cleaning out the closet so to speak :) I ended up calling the one person I didn't expect to call and it was God that got me to do it.

I'm keeping a journal, as I have so many things that are happening on a regular basis. Too many to write about. I will share the journal online once I've typed it up. Would love to share these things.

I feel I'm growing more and more each day, and although we can guide people to truth in the scriptures, ultimately God is the only one that has the power to convert them and change their hearts. It's important we remember this, because you can put so much pressure on yourself and wonder why someone hasn't become a Christian yet when you've shown them scriptures and explained things to them, but ultimately God is the one that will work in your lives and you just have to have trust in him regardless of what happens - to trust that he is in control and has a reason for certain things that happen. Your prayers will be answered when you have trust in him, just not always in the way you expect, but he is on control. We are his children and he does reward his obedient children!

:)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
God bless! :)

pickles

May 21, 2009
So lately I've been handing over a couple of situations to God that I've been struggling to deal with. One of them being my father in law, who has been very difficult, rude and self righteous. He's strict and has a set way of living and pushes it on his sons and their families and he interferes in my relationship with my husband. I've never been rude to him in any way, I've actually been quite forgiving and I even welcomed him into our home even after he tried to break me and my husband up. He's very controlling and things have been worse since he found out I'm a Christian.

Since putting more of my trust in God by handing certain people over to him, I've really seen him work more in my life.

On Saturday night I was sleeping and was given a vision in my head. The vision was of my father in law screaming out to God for help. It looked as if he was in hell and was vulnerable, pleading, and crying out for God to help him. He was completely different to how I see him in the world, as he's always so strong and controlling. But, the vision really made me think and it made me feel really sorry for him. I think God was trying to tell me to see him as someone who didn't have God in his life, that without God he is helpless. So I should not worry about him, because God is in control and not my father in law. But ultimately the vision made me step away and see him in a different light. Now I feel sorry for him. Incredible that God would give me this vision.

There have been a lot of things happening lately. I asked God to guide me and to use me in the way he wishes to use me, to communicate to certain people and say the right words with what they might be experiencing at the time. He has been doing just that. God spoke to my husband through a movie last night. I picked this movie on netflix, out of thousands. God wanted us to watch it. It applied to my husband as well as me. There were messages in it. It initially came across as an ordinary movie, but started to quote scriptures in it that were relevant in our current situation and there was even a mention of marriage and being equally yoked. There was a scripture on Love, which is the scripture my husband has always remembered since 2 months ago and it came up in this movie. There was even a scene where a dying man is told how to ask for forgiveness and call on God. I know God was talking through this movie. My husband is obsessed with movies, so God probably saw this as a good way to reach him. Everyone is reached in different ways, depending on the person.

I was persecuted by my husband's parents last June. Since then, things have been revealed to certain family members that God wanted to be revealed. He was helping to clean up our messes and get rid of the sins that were there, cleaning out the closet so to speak :) I ended up calling the one person I didn't expect to call and it was God that got me to do it.

I'm keeping a journal, as I have so many things that are happening on a regular basis. Too many to write about. I will share the journal online once I've typed it up. Would love to share these things.

I feel I'm growing more and more each day, and although we can guide people to truth in the scriptures, ultimately God is the only one that has the power to convert them and change their hearts. It's important we remember this, because you can put so much pressure on yourself and wonder why someone hasn't become a Christian yet when you've shown them scriptures and explained things to them, but ultimately God is the one that will work in your lives and you just have to have trust in him regardless of what happens - to trust that he is in control and has a reason for certain things that happen. Your prayers will be answered when you have trust in him, just not always in the way you expect, but he is on control. We are his children and he does reward his obedient children!

:)

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!