God is it!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kip-s

Our culture today demands that we complain and gripe about the so-called unfortunate circumstances that we face daily, but what did the Bible say? The Bible commands that we rejoice! Well, I think I now understand why some people will think we (Christians) are kind of weird and not normal. In a very common world, we are commanded to be uncommon, in a very normal world, we are commanded to be paranormal; in a very familiar (similar) world, not talking about weirdness, we are commanded to be different.

"In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him."~Ecclesiastes 7:14

The Word of God is filled with wisdom. It's an absolute truth that sets free. Reading through Ecclesiastes 7, I learned a lot. Getting to verse 14 something jumped out at me. We ought to learn to be joyful in prosperity, and in the day of adversity, before we get off on our ranting, fussing and complaining, we must learn to consider: "God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him." He does not want us to be too comfortable the world system, thereby condoning the madness that goes on in the world. He wants us to stand up for Him and speak out! He does not want us to find our fulfillment and pleasure in what the world have to offer, He wants to be our all in all.

He is all we need, He is more than enough. What jumped out to me when I got to verse 14 was something similar to the word "That's it!", the same word we use when we make up our mind to do something. "God is it!" Whatever we can think of that would benefit us now and the rest of our life on earth, God is it! and even more.

Remember, whether in few or in plenty, whether in adversity or in prosperity, be joyful, because God is everything you need and he is more than enough. God is it!

What else is the Holy Spirit telling you from verse 14 of Eccl. 7?