I just had new insight from a prayer session.Let me share it with others who know God. I have to tell the background first.
I had to spend two three-hour sessions in a dentist chair last week while a student was slowly cleaning my teeth. I let my mind take me somewhere else, don’t like dentist chairs. This time I went off into prayer meditation. I had been looking up all the scriptures God gives about tears, and God’s reaction to them and my mind was filled especially with verses from psalms.
As I was meditating, I went back to a very important time in my life: I was in a crib, I was just a baby. I had been given to my Aunt and Uncle to keep because Mom had TB that was catching. I was used to being loved and comforted if I wanted it, they were used to freedom. They resented needing to keep a baby and just wanted me to not cry and let them alone to sleep when they wanted. I wanted my Mama.
One clear night with a full moon a windstorm came up. When I looked out the window I saw a huge moon with bushes waving back and forth across it and making a terrible racket. It seemed to me something was outside that window trying to reach me to harm me. I was terrified. I screamed. This time, my need for comfort was greater than any other time I had cried, surely this time help would come! In stomped a fat man (my Dad was slender) scolding, gave me a swat on the back end and I was to be quiet so he could sleep. My decision was that when, even as desperate as I was to have help that night, even then I could not get it, so never again would I have comfort. No one would ever be there again.
Sitting in that dentist chair, 88 years later, I realized God was there that night and heard the baby crying. I’ve been comforted and cared for.
So are you.
Much love,Redtent
I had to spend two three-hour sessions in a dentist chair last week while a student was slowly cleaning my teeth. I let my mind take me somewhere else, don’t like dentist chairs. This time I went off into prayer meditation. I had been looking up all the scriptures God gives about tears, and God’s reaction to them and my mind was filled especially with verses from psalms.
As I was meditating, I went back to a very important time in my life: I was in a crib, I was just a baby. I had been given to my Aunt and Uncle to keep because Mom had TB that was catching. I was used to being loved and comforted if I wanted it, they were used to freedom. They resented needing to keep a baby and just wanted me to not cry and let them alone to sleep when they wanted. I wanted my Mama.
One clear night with a full moon a windstorm came up. When I looked out the window I saw a huge moon with bushes waving back and forth across it and making a terrible racket. It seemed to me something was outside that window trying to reach me to harm me. I was terrified. I screamed. This time, my need for comfort was greater than any other time I had cried, surely this time help would come! In stomped a fat man (my Dad was slender) scolding, gave me a swat on the back end and I was to be quiet so he could sleep. My decision was that when, even as desperate as I was to have help that night, even then I could not get it, so never again would I have comfort. No one would ever be there again.
Sitting in that dentist chair, 88 years later, I realized God was there that night and heard the baby crying. I’ve been comforted and cared for.
So are you.
Much love,Redtent