God is Your Father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 28, 2022
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(John 3:18-19)
is it the soul or is it the flesh that has belief or unbelief, and love, whether for light or for darkness?
are love & belief physical properties or non-physical properties?

certainly it's the soul that believes, and that loves -- this is what must be changed, and the body will follow as it is brought under control =]
You imagine the soul does not know from whence it sprang?

Jun 28, 2022
There is always a ditch on both sides of the road.
While we should be confident in the promises of God our Father, we should also be ever mindful that we are sinners and that it is by his grace that it is so.
You've got that wrong. It is not by God's grace that we are sinners.

And there are many a road without a ditch on either side.
For engineers insure there is no need of them for the lay of the road allows drainage to occur naturally without flooding being an issue on that roadway.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Could God the Father love each and everyone of us as he loves himself?

Jesus died for us, does that mean he loves us as he loves himself?
Of course ❤️

Dirtman

Jul 19, 2022
You've got that wrong. It is not by God's grace that we are sinners.

And there are many a road without a ditch on either side.
For engineers insure there is no need of them for the lay of the road allows drainage to occur naturally without flooding being an issue on that roadway.
I see why we arent communicating.

"While we should be confident in the promises of God our Father, < (that little mark is a comma) we should also be ever mindful that we are sinners (I should have put a comma here as well) and that it is by his grace that it is so."

God being the Father is the subject of the sentence. The "it" that is so, by His Grace is the afore mentioned subject of the sentence. That he is our father.

Sorry about my grammatic error. I'll try to be more accurate hence fourth.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
*skillful engineers

=]

i have met & worked with both the wise & the unwise -- those who are adept? they will serve before honored men.
those who are not? they will be forgotten

our God is the best of all; he never fails in His perfect way

Jun 28, 2022
I see why we arent communicating.

"While we should be confident in the promises of God our Father, < (that little mark is a comma) we should also be ever mindful that we are sinners (I should have put a comma here as well) and that it is by his grace that it is so."

God being the Father is the subject of the sentence. The "it" that is so, by His Grace is the afore mentioned subject of the sentence. That he is our father.

Sorry about my grammatic error. I'll try to be more accurate hence fourth.
With respect for your presumed intended communication in that paragraph, comas withstanding, it still reads the same per the object identified by the adverb 'also', and the noun, ''And''.

So to read like this: My punctuation added.

''While we should be confident in the promises of God our Father. [This is a statement to itself]

[This is a secondary added observation separate from that because in the context of the Gospel itself there is no link relating to what is by grace save for this second statement in full that connects the aforementioned sentence pertaining to God's promises. It's an incomplete sentence for omitting the identifier relating to 'promised'. What promises? Write as if someone unfamiliar with scripture is reading. They need to arrive at understanding of the points being made.] ''we should also be ever mindful that we are sinners. [And] that it is (that we are sinners. Then what were we saved from?) by his grace that it (we are sinners) is so." [If we are sinners his grace was of none effect]

That's how I read it.
Did you mean to say this?

Or maybe this is more like the Gospel?
"While we should be confident in the promises of God our Father, we should also be ever mindful that we were sinners. And that it is by his grace that we are Saved and redeemed from our sins eternally. By God's promise and his grace it is so ."

It's not a grammar Nazi thing. It's a proper Gospel message thing. 💕✝️📖🕊️😊

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
if this is so then mankind is without excuse

=]
“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭13:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And past times of this ignorance God winked at;

but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

We really don’t if we believe the gospel but the thing is we dont need one anymore

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Wow. This took hours to approve and got buried.
When one finds gold, the reward is always well worth the effort spent digging for it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This is the process of being living sacrifices for God to live through.

and these are freewill offerings, not sacrifices for sin or daily required offerings -- for our Lord Christ has paid & fulfilled the law in full for our sake, ourselves being absolutely unable

A Psalm of David.
The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord:

`Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.'
The Rod of thy strength doth Jehovah send from Zion,
Rule in the midst of thine enemies.
Thy people are free-will gifts in the day of Thy strength,
in the honours of holiness,
From the womb, from the morning,

Thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Jehovah hath sworn, and doth not repent,
`Thou art a priest to the age,
According to the order of Melchizedek.'
The Lord on thy right hand smote kings
In the day of His anger.
He doth judge among the nations,
He hath completed the carcases,
Hath smitten the head over the mighty earth.
From a brook in the way He drinketh,
Therefore He doth lift up the head!

(Psalm 110 ylt)