God made a NEW covenant sealed with JESUS CHRIST Blood on the Cross!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AnandaHya

Yeah because sometimes others phrase it so much better. I suggest you read this web page but here are few excerpts from the article...

HR FAQ's and Myths: Myth. It is a Renewed Covenant, not a New Covenant. It a Renewed Covenant not a New Testament.

"
Myth. It is a Renewed Covenant, not a New Covenant. It a Renewed Covenant not a New Testament.
A. There are many in Hebrew Roots or Hebraic Roots and some who call themselves Messianics who believe that Jeremiah 31:31-32 means a renewed covenant, not a new covenant. What is accomplished by calling it renewed? And what do the Scriptures really say? Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: In Jeremiah 31:31 the Hebrew clearly says brit (covenant) chadasha (new). If you were to ask any fluent Hebrew speaker, regardless of their religious beliefs, what chadashameans, they will agree it means "new". Further, the words following it say "lo k´brit ", not like the covenant , that I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand…"
New> H2319 חדשׁ châdâsh khaw-dawsh' From H2318; new: - fresh, new thing.
Covenant >H1285 בּרית berîyth ber-eeth' From H1262 (in the sense of cutting (like H1254)); a compact (because made by passing between pieces of flesh): - confederacy, [con-]feder[-ate], covenant, league.
This tells us that the prophecy that was being laid out by God through Jeremiah, was that it was going to be a new and different covenant to the one made when God took the Israelites out of Egypt.. Scripture records how they did break the covenant, and hence the need of a new covenant. Some compare the concept of the renewed covenant with the moon being 'renewed' therefore it correlates to the covenant not being new, but renewed. However, they neither study to understand the Scriptures nor know them."

Some posit that God would never break His promise, so the Mosaic law or old covenant is still in effect. It is true that God cannot break His Word, which is what sealed the covenant with Abraham, Moses and for all other covenants. But people do break their word and promises, and the Scriptures do show that Israel was not faithful in keeping the Mosaic covenant. God repeatedly prefaced His instructions with "if" you do this, or "if" you don't.
God showed He could change the covenant because of their disobedience--and He broke it so that a better way would be known.
Zechariah 11:7 And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took to me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock. 8 Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me. 9 Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dies, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another. 10 And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. 11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited on me knew that it was the word of the LORD.
Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
The idea of a new covenant which also meant a change from the Old Law to the New Law, with the new priesthood, was expanded on in the the letter to the Hebrews:
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. [ change>G3331 μετάθεσις metathesis met-ath'-es-is From G3346; transposition, that is, transferral (to heaven), disestablishment (of a law): - change, removing, translation. ]

you will find that most will attack me or the way I phrase things or my faults and not the ideas placed before you.

However if anyone is actually will to discuss this topic, I'm learning to listen and learn if you are willing to do the same and pray that the Holy Spirit guides us to a truer understand of God's will and written words.

May 18, 2011
If you were to ask any fluent Hebrew speaker, regardless of their religious beliefs, what chadashameans, they will agree it means "new".

This is a flat out lie, because my hebrew teacher who is native to Israel and has taught hebrew to Americans for yrs. does not agree with this. He said it is not for brand new. So your source is a lie which makes your whole thing here a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.