God Made Today

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”—Psalm 118:24

I feel most alive when most people drift off to sleep in their beds. When it is time to wake up in the morning, all I want to do is SLEEP! I normally press the snooze button on my alarm clock four or five times before dragging myself out of bed—sometimes crashing into a wall on the way to the light switch. Without an alarm, I usually sleep until at least 10:00 a.m. That is why the Lord’s request caused me such distress.

One night, I felt like the Lord was telling me not to set my alarm. I reminded the Lord that I had something important to do very early in the morning. Then I set my alarm. A feeling of conviction came over me and made me feel so guilty that I turned it off. Then the Lord impressed on me that He would wake me up on time. Warily, I drifted off to sleep. The next thing I remembered, the phone was ringing. I glanced at the clock. It was the exact moment I needed to wake up that morning. I felt like rejoicing when I answered the phone. My mother had called to talk about something insignificant thing, but it really made my day. God is good.