GOD MOVES MOUNTAINS PT 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 15, 2023
GOD MOVES MOUNTAINS........PT 2
As you've read in previous stories and testimonies.. I was to say the least "A LITTLE ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES" God Miraculously changed that...BUT MY WIFE!!!!!!
I was raised in a upper middle class family, not christian but what was then known as JUDAEO CHRISTIAN ETHIC home, good morals, discipline honesty etc...I always had food clothing shelter, any toys I wanted, vacations etc... life was good for My sister & I ... In That Lakeside Muskegon home.
IN 1976 we moved to a larger house in Norton Shores...New Neighbors, new school NEW FRIENDS....a few years later....My Sister Rhonda in Jr High School had begun hanging around with a fellow student and soon became best buds.... and of course sleepovers , mall trips etc....they were inseparable...
I was just graduated and Married...in a disastrous relationship....
Nancy often was at our house hanging with sister Rhonda and many times we would all be sitting at kitchen table paing cards, or other games... ME usually complaining , about my miserable marriage.... on one particular groaning session... Nancy laughed and said, " SEE IF YOU WOULD HAVE MARRIED ME, YOU WOULDNT HAVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS!" we laughed about it...and it sort of became an inside joke... when I would go pick her up with Rhonda she would jump into my arms and ask when we were getting married....
4 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME it seemed just a joke..between sisters best friend and me...
the MARRIAGE TOOK PLACE on JULY 5, 1985
after dating for a year...she already had a son born in late Jr Year... and in Her senior year.... was pregnant with OUR child......He was born in June just after graduation , and we married about a month after that....
To say I had "jumped out of the frying pan into the fire" may have been an understatement. coming from such different backgrounds there were many obstacles and differences of opinion. A big one was Religion.
Nancy knew of my former Christian life and had said she wanted no part of that... and If i were to ever get back into that she would leave......I TOOK HER VERY SERIOUS.... the were several occasions of HEATED discussion concerning the topic........
As I have already given you my story....lets move on..... I was taking my children to church and not involving my wife at all.... any discussion of Christian topic or bible study was done away from Her presence, didn't want to upset the apple cart!!
Children grew up...married ...left home... Now I was going to church alone.... from Muskegon To West Olive each and every Sunday. FOR 11 YEARS I went by myself with my children PRAYING DAILY SOMETIMES MULTIPLE TIMES for God to reach my wife....
One day quite unexpectedly, Nancy said, "I DONT LIKE YOU DRIVING ALL THE WAY TO CHURCH ALONE EVERY SUNDAY...SO 2 X A MONTH I WILL GET UP AND GO WITH YOU.....DONT WAKE ME UP DONT BOTHER ME IF IM GOING ILL GO IF IM UP"
She kept her word a few Sundays a month she would indeed get up and go with me.....fidgeting, doodling , whatever to occupy her time til the service ended....then straight out to the Car not wanting to associate with any of my "CHURCH FRIENDS" we would leave and very little if any conversation about the service...and that was ok.
not long after she began going with me, some people decided they were being called into the ministry and would be leaving and starting a church much closer to US in Spring Lake, I knew the family very well, and Nancy had had some involvement as well with them.....Their kids are the ages of our kids and had developed some friendships.
One Sunday, our kids were home from there various areas, son ARMY, Daughter Louisiana husband in Army and Nancy decided this would be a Sunday she chose to go with us. It was winter and blustery outside, so Nancy said we are not going all the way to West Olive but would visit the spring lake church.... so we did.
Next Sunday...she went again....and the one after that ...and the one after that...so on, so on....
I didnt question her just accepted her going with me....we behind these large equipment storage things partially obscured from the stage....on one Sunday Nancy chose to sit in a different location a few rows closer and center of auditorium...... I noticed too that she had taken one of the complimentary Bibles and was keeping notes along with the sermon.....I asked her why she chose those seats that week and she replied, " I WAS HAVING A HARD TIME SEEING AND HEARING THE SERVICE." what......
Not long after that My Son Jeff and his family had been going to church once again with us.. and he pulled me aside...and said, "WHATS GOING ON WITH MOM?...COMING TO CHURCH TAKING NOTES SITTING CLOSER.....HMMMMMM"
I wasnt sure.... this was all strange to me.....she continued to go every Sunday.....a new facility was being built for the church and we moved to it.... my Family and I....one Sunday... there was a baptism.....they had made an announcement that if you were feeling the tug of GOD on your heart you didnt have to worry about being signed up just come forward.........to my incredible surprise Nancy got up and went forward.........I was both shocked and overjoyed!!!! I got up and followed her to the baptismal... I was in the tank with her at the moment she professed to the church she had been REDEEMED!!!!!!
My Life and faith, have been forever strengthened by the show of the unstoppable Grace of our Lord provides!!!!!
AMEN