God So Loved The Towns ... :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LoveIsTheKey

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking a lot about something and I've felt in my heart to share it with You.

Yesterday I talked to a friend of mine and she complained a lot about our hometown because of some general problems like delays of buses , bills to pay for the rubbish, bureaucracy and lots of other economic and social problems. She lives abroad now.
She was very upset for this and maybe she was thinking of not spending again her holidays in our hometown next year..
I just listened to her and realized she was right for all the difficulties this town has. I've felt sorry for how she felt and for all of this.
Later on the Spirit reminded me something about this conversation.

I remember when some years ago I went abroad and then I came back to my hometown.I remember that once I came back, all of my town looked little,imperfect,difficult to me compared to where I had been. I remember that I started to criticize my town for every little thing and everytime I was trying to criticize my hometown with my friends,I felt in my heart that the Spirit wasn't allowing me to do that. It was like someone was stopping me to say bad things about my town.It's crazy,isn't it ?
I just stopped saying something bad about my town as the Spirit told me.

Some time later I realized what the Spirit was trying to reveal to me : the more I criticized my town,the more I was criticizing God's purpose .It was like I was saying "My town is meaningless... my town is not worthy to be born ...". I couldn't see that as I was criticizing my town, I was claiming that what God had created (my town) has been a mistake. The Spirit reminded me that trying to make a better place is something good , but one should not be overwhelmed by wrath or anger for all the problems of the Land..why? Because that place has been allowed by God, because in that place there are people,creation of God's love ...Because in that place there are not only problems... but there are also people like You and me ...

During the years , when I read the Bible, I've read about lots of towns full of problems and difficulties, but the good thing in that was God's purpose through His people. God's people were always called to be "light" in that place and to receive all the help they needed from God to go on living in that place: encouraging,isn't it?

I understood that even if there are problems in the Land, God's love is working through all of His People ...
Yes,There are people everywhere working for God ... and all God's people are responsible to be a Blessing for the Land where they live,not to complain about that...

You can be a Blessing in the place where you are ...

One Bible Passage that I like is in psalm 24:1-2 which says :
" The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.The world and all its people belong to him."
Another one is John 3:16 when it says : "God so loved the World..."
.. God so loved the people... God so loved the Town where we are living in ...
Yes, Every town,every place in the world is allowed by our Father . More important, every human being has been created by our God, and He knows exactly the reason why you are living there..

Even if you find your place difficult to live,even if you feel angry and discouraged for what you're passing through, never forget that You are loved by God and the Land where You live is part of God's purpose...
Added to this, never forget that once You know God, You're part of His People, of His loved Creation.

May God Encourage Your Life ... and Bless Your Town ... :)

With Love

John