GOD takes responsibility for manslaughter, pain and suffering.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
and GOD takes responsibility for causing Job's pain.

Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.” Job 2:3
But YHWH did not destroy Job, satan was trying to accuse and get YHWH to, YHWH does not obey any but His own will.

Job 42:10, 10 And יהוה turned the captivity of Iyoḇ when he prayed for his friends. And יהוה gave Iyoḇ twice as much as he had before."

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart - Psalms 139

To the Chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O Jehovah, You have searched me and have known me.

{ALL KNOWING/OMNICIENCE}
You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.

You search my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Jehovah, You know it altogether.

You have closed me in behind and in front, and laid Your hand on me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot go up to it.

{ALL PRESENT/OMNIPRESENCE} Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence?

If I go up into Heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the furthest parts of the sea;

even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me, even the night shall be light around me.

{ALL POWERFUL/OMNIPOTENCE} Yea, the darkness does not hide from You; but the night shines as the day; as is the darkness, so is the light to You.

For You have possessed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise You; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are marvelous and my soul knows it very well.

My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret and skillfully formed in the lowest parts of the earth.

Your eyes saw my embryo; and in Your book all my members were written, the days they were formed, and not one was among them.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!

If I should count them, they are more than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.

Surely You will slay the wicked, O God; and bloody men, depart from me.

Who will speak against You maliciously? Your enemies are lifted up with vanity.

O Jehovah, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You?

I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts,

and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The best thing Christians can do is to pray GOD would grant me the desire of my heart.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12
You had your chance but you were too picky. Now you're blaming God for not giving you a woman when He probably gave you lots of 'em but you thought you knew better. It's probably too late now; I'd just learn to accept it and try to find contentment as a single man.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. Romans 9:14
Sometimes it's hard to see his mercy.
i know, John. i know. i feel like i'm circling the drain at the moment.

i have to remind myself that God has already taken care of my biggest problem; my own sin and rebellion. He was willing to do that; can i trust Him with my little problems? the answer is of course! but then, His ways are not my ways. what if i pray for something He knows would not benefit me, or would actually be harmful? can i accept a "no" answer? these are not rhetorical questions for me; they're very real.

years ago, a man wrote a book about what he called God's "severe mercy". Moses experienced this when he wasn't allowed to enter the Promised Land. Moses' crime was that of Nadab and Abihu, and they were killed, as it was a capital crime. Moses wasn't punished as his crime deserved, but i feel fairly sure it must have felt to him a severe mercy.
if you think about it, in the beginning all our crimes against God are capital crimes (in the day you eat of it, you shall surely die). the wages of sin is death. God IS merciful in postponing judgement for some, and having Christ die in the place of others.

i'm making a mull of this, but i just want to say for some of us, trusting the Lord is very difficult. it's why we have to raise a stone of remembrance in our minds for each time God helps us... so we can build trust on them.

i wish you could hear how gently i say this, and know how guilty i am of doing it. please, i beg you, don't raise an idol. please don't put an earthly thing above your love of God. it isn't worth it, and that's a masterpiece of understatement. often we think, "if i could have this ONE thing i would be happy". it rarely stops at 'this one thing'.
God knows better than we what's good for us, and we must believe it.

in the words of William Cowper:

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour:
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err,
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own Interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

may the Lord bless and keep you

notmyown

May 26, 2016
The word translated "evil" here equally means "calamity" - and even the most cursory reading of Job reveals that it is Satan who authored Jobs afflictions, with the permission of God.
oh, it was a total set-up. the Omnisapient One knew exactly what He was about. i'm so thankful for that.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
i know, John. i know. i feel like i'm circling the drain at the moment.

i have to remind myself that God has already taken care of my biggest problem; my own sin and rebellion. He was willing to do that; can i trust Him with my little problems? the answer is of course! but then, His ways are not my ways. what if i pray for something He knows would not benefit me, or would actually be harmful? can i accept a "no" answer? these are not rhetorical questions for me; they're very real.

years ago, a man wrote a book about what he called God's "severe mercy". Moses experienced this when he wasn't allowed to enter the Promised Land. Moses' crime was that of Nadab and Abihu, and they were killed, as it was a capital crime. Moses wasn't punished as his crime deserved, but i feel fairly sure it must have felt to him a severe mercy.
if you think about it, in the beginning all our crimes against God are capital crimes (in the day you eat of it, you shall surely die). the wages of sin is death. God IS merciful in postponing judgement for some, and having Christ die in the place of others.

i'm making a mull of this, but i just want to say for some of us, trusting the Lord is very difficult. it's why we have to raise a stone of remembrance in our minds for each time God helps us... so we can build trust on them.

i wish you could hear how gently i say this, and know how guilty i am of doing it. please, i beg you, don't raise an idol. please don't put an earthly thing above your love of God. it isn't worth it, and that's a masterpiece of understatement. often we think, "if i could have this ONE thing i would be happy". it rarely stops at 'this one thing'.
God knows better than we what's good for us, and we must believe it.

in the words of William Cowper:

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour:
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err,
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own Interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

may the Lord bless and keep you
I agree to a point, but GOD did say it is not good for man to be alone. Paul said, it is better to marry than to burn with lust. when I was 23 I went forward in church. The only thing I asked fo GOD, do not leave me in the singles life. I hated it. GOD did the one thing I told him I hated and left me in the singles life. I'll be 70 in October.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I agree to a point, but GOD did say it is not good for man to be alone. Paul said, it is better to marry than to burn with lust. when I was 23 I went forward in church. The only thing I asked fo GOD, do not leave me in the singles life. I hated it. GOD did the one thing I told him I hated and left me in the singles life. I'll be 70 in October.
i understand. you haven't gotten what you want. you know you're not alone in this, right?

my point is simply that the Lord knows what's best for His dear yet helpless children. can you not only accept that, but worship for the answer you receive? you think marriage will make you happy, but you don't know that. God does.
you can have joy, even in the face of perceived adversity. please just think about it.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
JohnB -----you need to read this scripture

1 Corinthians 7

Concerning the Unmarried
25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy.

26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife.

28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.

Pay attention Here
32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord.

33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife—

34 and his interests are divided.

--------------------------------------------
I say ---Jesus was single ---so was Jeremiah and so was Paul ---their time and interest was not divided --their focus was on God and doing His will for their lives --------

So I say -----Be glad your single and stop blaming God and feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't get married ----------you didn't get your prayer answered maybe because of your attitude toward God ----

There is protocol for answered prayer ----and by your posts ------you certainly have a poor concept of God and His word -----claiming God shows Favoritism ----and that He puts people together for the purpose of committing Manslaughter --and that that He condones and brings pain and suffering to people -----

Very bad and wrong understanding of who God Is here ---

As you post here -------
GOD takes responsibility for manslaughter, pain and suffering.

Many so called Christians don't give God the time of Day -- yet expect God to be there for them at their beck and call -----and to provide to them what they think they deserve -----Pride at its best -----