God Vs. Moses-THE TRUTH Part 4!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truth2010

Ok, this should be my last thread regarding this...

Moses' Law consisted of Blessings and curses and if you still try to keep these laws today, then you are subject to the curses that come with them...

"Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him." Daniel 9:11

"are joining with their kinsmen, their nobles, and are taking on themselves a curse and an oath to walk in God's law, which was given through Moses, God's servant, and to keep and to observe all the commandments of GOD our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes;" Nehem10:29

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." Gal 3:10 (We all know that the 10 Commandments were not written in a BOOK but on 2 tables of stone.)

The 10 Commandments are called the Law of Liberty (freedom) because you are free from sin if you obey all 10.

"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." James 1:25

"So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

You see? The Bible makes a clear distinction as to which law to keep and which not to keep...

Also, here are more verses...

"So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus." Revelation 12:17 (The devil makes war with those that keep the Commandments of God) We need both! The commandments of God AND the testimony of Jesus Christ if we want to live.

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12 The saints keep the commandment of God..

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Rev 22: 14

I can give more..tell me your thoughts..

R

ryan

The greatest commmandment that
jesus orated was that we should love one another as we love ourselves.

R

ryan

ya gettin mi message g?

N

NazariteNation

Ok, this should be my last thread regarding this...

Moses' Law consisted of Blessings and curses and if you still try to keep these laws today, then you are subject to the curses that come with them...

"Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him." Daniel 9:11

"are joining with their kinsmen, their nobles, and are taking on themselves a curse and an oath to walk in God's law, which was given through Moses, God's servant, and to keep and to observe all the commandments of GOD our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes;" Nehem10:29

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." Gal 3:10 (We all know that the 10 Commandments were not written in a BOOK but on 2 tables of stone.)

The 10 Commandments are called the Law of Liberty (freedom) because you are free from sin if you obey all 10.

"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." James 1:25

"So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

You see? The Bible makes a clear distinction as to which law to keep and which not to keep...

Also, here are more verses...

"So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus." Revelation 12:17 (The devil makes war with those that keep the Commandments of God) We need both! The commandments of God AND the testimony of Jesus Christ if we want to live.

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Rev 14:12 The saints keep the commandment of God..

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Rev 22: 14

I can give more..tell me your thoughts..
Actually I would agree that the original 10 commandments given by God are distinct from all the other 200+ commandments that you find in the Torah.

Jesus said "if you love Him that you will keep My commandments". He also stated that the greatest commandment is to "Love the Lord your God with all your mind, soul, and strength. And the second is like it.. Love thy neighbor as thy thyself."

Romans 12: 8-10

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus also stated that there is no greater love than to lay one's life down for his friends.

When Jesus fulfilled the Law he did so in front of men's very eyes with the crucifixion being the ultimate expression of His love. Basically the cross was the exclamation point at the end of His life..

Jesus calls us to live according to His example. To love God first and love others, placing their needs before our own, second. If we do these things, then we too can fullfill the law.

HOWEVER, Jesus being in the flesh, understood that no man is perfect and that is exactly why He gave His life for us, so in those moments when we do stumble, we can come to Him in humilty and seek not only forgiveness but redemption. This is why Jesus Himself is considered to the only once that is truly righteous because it is through His righteousness that we can come before the father even though we are clearly not worthy.

N

NazariteNation

Jesus said "if you love Him that you will keep My commandments"..
Sorry... that should read:

Jesus said: "If you love ME you will keep My commandments." I decided at the last minute to make that a quote and ran out of time before I could make all the necessary corrections.

N

NazariteNation

Ultimately God wants us to love one another, to help one another, and not pursue our own selfish agendas that may infringe upon the lives and feelings of others (even f it means self sacrifice). In essence "we are our brothers keeper".

God gave us the law as reminder that we should put God first in our lives and the needs of others before ourselves. When we do that then not only does God find pleasure in us but he's willing to over look everything else.

Is God's love conditional? Of course not! However, Jesus plainly states that if we love Him then we will gladly do that which is pleasing to Him. The Sermon on the Mount comes to mind...

The key the whole thing is that we do it out of love, not only for God but for others as well. The moment that our motivation becomes self preservation or personal gain, then we have lost focus on God's original intention, a loving, healthy relationship (not religion). A relationship not only between God and man but relationship between man and the rest of mankind.

You see, a healthy relationship goes both ways. Not one can deny the fact that a one sided relationship is doomed to fail. We already know that God is fully committed to us, Jesus is living proof of that. The question here is just how committed are you to God?

Do you love Him and others enough to take that money that you have been saving for vacation and give it someone in need? Do love Him and others enough to stop eating out at your favorite food joint and save that money to sponsor a child in a overseas? Do love Him and others enough to spend just as much time praying for those that you may not agree with than you actually spend debating / arguing with them?

Funny thing is, we all fall short and we know it. Fortunately for us, God knows it too which is exactly why Jesus came to earth. However, just because Jesus gave hive life for us doesn't mean that we now have an excuse to do whatever it is that we want to do. He also gave His life in order to show us what the ultimate expression of love really looks like. And if you love Him... really love Him... then you too will pick up your cross and follow after Him.

N

NazariteNation

Ultimately God wants us to love one another, to help one another, and not pursue our own selfish agendas that may infringe upon the lives and feelings of others (even f it means self sacrifice). In essence "we are our brothers keeper".

God gave us the law as reminder that we should put God first in our lives and the needs of others before ourselves. When we do that then not only does God find pleasure in us but he's willing to over look everything else.

Is God's love conditional? Of course not! However, Jesus plainly states that if we love Him then we will gladly do that which is pleasing to Him. The Sermon on the Mount comes to mind...

The key the whole thing is that we do it out of love, not only for God but for others as well. The moment that our motivation becomes self preservation or personal gain, then we have lost focus on God's original intention, a loving, healthy relationship (not religion). A relationship not only between God and man but relationship between man and the rest of mankind.

You see, a healthy relationship goes both ways. Not one can deny the fact that a one sided relationship is doomed to fail. We already know that God is fully committed to us, Jesus is living proof of that. The question here is just how committed are you to God?

Do you love Him and others enough to take that money that you have been saving for vacation and give it someone in need? Do love Him and others enough to stop eating out at your favorite food joint and save that money to sponsor a child in a overseas? Do love Him and others enough to spend just as much time praying for those that you may not agree with than you actually spend debating / arguing with them?

Funny thing is, we all fall short and we know it. Fortunately for us, God knows it too which is exactly why Jesus came to earth. However, just because Jesus gave hive life for us doesn't mean that we now have an excuse to do whatever it is that we want to do. He also gave His life in order to show us what the ultimate expression of love really looks like. And if you love Him... really love Him... then you too will pick up your cross and follow after Him.
And by the way, contrary to what others may assume, I believe that salvation comes by grace through faith. The difference between my belief system and others is that I believe that when Jesus died on the cross, not only did he die for our salvation but He also died for our redemption.

To sum things up I believe that Jesus restored mankind's dominion over this realm and that dominion can be accessed through Jesus Christ. However, I do not believe that Jesus died just so that we can wallow in our sin. If this is true then there was no point of Him coming in the first place....

Status
Not open for further replies.