God won't change one little bit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

giantone

Luke 16

19 ¶There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

In the following verses the rich man wronged Lazarus in his life by treating him like low life

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Notice that he wants Lazarus the poor man he treated like dirt to work and give him water and not Abraham or any one else don't you think it strange asking for whom he wronged to lessen his punishment and not anyone else like Abraham?
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
If the one thing didn't work to get the person he wronged in life to do something for him the rich man asks the same person Lazarus and not Abraham or Jesus or some other important person to do this good deed for his brothers.
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Now that we read that part of the chapter lets go further back into the chapter

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Here's what I think, The rich man was in hell, no escape? If God changed a title of the law as in verse 17 he could get out of hell If God changed a little He would change allot. Get the lackey Lazarus to lessen the punishment with only one drop of water just a title of the law to be changed or how bout sending him to help the rich man's brothers when you know darn well the rich man could care less about his brothers. If God changed His law or hell one bit Then why not eliminate hell altogether send them all to heaven and we can all become one. including the devil.

This is what I see going on everywhere people changing the Word of God all the time. everyone is good and we al l go to heaven many ways to heaven be toller ant love them str eight into hell. pro choice free dumb abortion woman. government bail out package (I added that last one just to be stupid)

S

Slepsog4

Have you ever noticed that the rich man was still thinking of Lazarus as nothing better than a servant?

Send Lazarus... to cool MY tongue

Send Lazarus... to tell MY brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.