"Godly Men" #RealTalk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 10, 2012
Actions speak louder than words” Hmm… but do they?
Girls, we are so easily fooled. I mean, admit it. We want a godly guy so badly that we will ignore all the signs of ungodliness right up until God has to smack us upside the head with it in order to see that a guy is no good. Then we cry about it saying, “But he seemed like such a good guy! Why does this always happen to me?”
Well, I’ll tell you why. We IGNORE the red flags.
We do. All the time. You know it’s true.
I am going to tell you one thing about godly men– you know what they want? Godly women. So you are a godly woman? That is great! But that doesn’t mean that only godly men are gonna try to get your attention. That’s just not the way it works. So.. in order to find out if this guy is really a good guy or if he just plays one at church or on the internet, you gotta be smart.
Godly men want godly women, and they protect themselves from ungodly women. So who do they follow on twitter? Who does he follow on instagram? Other godly women? Or girls looking to bait men with their half-naked and provocative pictures and drag them down? Get real. Any man who is following girls who post worldly, lustful pictures of themselves, {I don’t care if they are “Christian” girls or not} does not care about his purity. They know this! Don’t get confused or let them trick you into thinking they are blind or dumb to the fact that there is a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition on their Instagram time line every day. I have a friend that recently got saved, and what did he do not even a month later? Stopped following people on social media that would bring him down and cause him to sin. You think these “Christian” men who are supposed to be godly don’t know that this is wrong??
Let me say this again….if you don’t know how the male mind works, I will give you a quick lesson. This is true, ladies. Please understand this. A man is sexually “turned on” by the sight of a woman’s body. What it is like for a man to look at an immodestly dressed girl is like when a cute guy that you really really like came and put his arms around your waist. You would like that…. well, it is the same for a guy, but they can take it even further in their minds. God gave them an incredible imagination when it comes to a woman’s body and sex. And if that guy does not have the holy spirit inside of him and if he doesn’t long to do the right thing, he will commit adultery in his mind. Period. Now, this ability is not necessarily a evil, bad thing. That is how God created men. He did that so that they would be the pursuers in relationships– so that they would be driven to go out and find a girl and marry her and fulfill those desires within marriage and raise godly families. Sin has just corrupted God’s plan, and the world today has waged war on the minds of these men.

Who are these men pursuing? Who are they talking to? What kind of girls {or even guys} do they hang out with and call their friends? Are they godly people? Or are they half-hearted Christians who really don’t challenge or support one another in pursuing Christ. You become who you hang out with. You are friends with people like yourself. It is true and these are all things that we need to be paying attention to.
Purity in our generation is so LOST, and, yes, girls are putting it all out there for men to see, and men are just sitting back and taking it in saying, “Well these girls are Christians. They post good things too. I don’t notice it. I struggle with it.” It’s a bunch of garbage. They know it’s wrong and they do it anyway because- lightbulb- they are not as godly as they’d like everyone to think because godly men want godly women.Period. If they are chasing ungodly women, there is something WRONG.

We need to turn DOWN what they say and turn UP what they do. Jesus has called us all to a higher standard.
Men of integrity want women of integrity. Let’s stop wasting our time on these men who are chasing the opposite! Baby, you just don’t have time for this. Just because you are godly doesn’t mean that’s why he is interested in talking to you. Don’t let a man chase you AND chase a bunch of other girls that are everything you are NOT and everything you stand against. That is a red flag that says, “Hey girl, I’m not interested in your heart! Just your pretty face..”
Let his actions speak for him. Let’s not allow them to get away with taking in half naked images of other men’s wives, and still let them tell us how beautiful we are- and how godly they are. Let’s take into account his ungodly friends and consider that maybe they are more telling than they seem. Let’s start calling out these “neat christian boys.” Let’s start paying attention, and stop ignoring the red flags.
I understand that this issue is not ALL there is to being a godly man, and just because someone else may do all the right things doesn’t mean that they are a man of integrity either. There are lots of other factors to consider and I have written plenty about them, but this is something that just is so clear in scripture and we all seem to ignore it as if it is normal or fine. It is not, and don’t let anyone tell you that it is not a serious, serious problem.
Men are not made for this. They are made to be strong and courageous protectors of our homes and families. They are made for greatness, and there ARE men who stand for purity and godliness-who do strive to be all that they are meant to be. They are out there, and any man can choose at any time that he is not going to settle for mediocrity. He can choose to rise above just what the men and women around him expect of him and choose to meet his King’s expectations. We have got to stop settling for less, and start encouraging purity in this generation. We have to cry out for God to help us…
Because, girls and guys, only then will we truly get the godly relationships, marriages, churches and homes that our souls really long for.
“Can I say something to young ladies here? I ‘m trying to pick my words carefully here. Your husband, whoever he is, single ladies, will have an unbelievable amount of influence over your sons and daughters in regards to spiritual things. If you want your children to love Jesus deeply, hold out for a man that is Godly. And let me tell you this: I am well aware that Godly men are rare. Lots of neat Christian boys, not a lot of Godly men. And we’re working our tails off for you to try to develop someone into that. But don’t settle, because it’s better that you be lonely now than you be married and lonely later. Are you tracking with me? It is better that you be lonely now than for you to get married to and that will teach your kids everything but the way of Jesus” -Matt Chandler
By THEFULLTIMEGIRL